It’s Monday and time for another Inspiration Monday on Create with Connie and Mary! Mary is making me hungry for sweets with all these cake and cookies inspiration pieces she selected! Today it is a bright and cheerful cake!
I decided to be quite literal when interpreting this cake! Here’s what I came up with! TIP: You also have pieces for two more cards just by using the shapes again with the other colors, putting them together like a puzzle!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Very Vanilla cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- I cut three pieces to 4×4 in Flirty Flamingo, Grapefruit Grove and Daffodil Delight cardstock. Placing them all together, I cut into three diagonal pieces. I used one of each of the colors and shapes to add to the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The entire layer was run thru the Big Shot with the Subtles Embossing Folder.
- I used the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack and the same colors, plus Call Me Clover, to punch out the flowers and leaves.
- I used the Spring Punch for the vines.
- A 1″ Circle punch was used for the four Grapefruit Grove circles.
- I added different sized Rhinestones in the centers of the flowers and curled them slightly so they are raised off the card.
- I stamped Hello from Beauty Abounds stamp set with Memento Black Ink in one of the circles.
What a FUN card!!! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
You'll love our brand new set of tutorials featuring the Birthday Cheer Bundle and nice BRIGHT colors from the 2018-20 In Color Collection. We have tutorials for three cards (one a special fold) and a special 3D gift project that are perfect for your classes or to make for yourself or gifts! All are designed by Connie and Mary and exclusive to our subscribers! See details HERE!
And, don't forget our set of tutorials featuring Stampin' Up!'s Tea Together! We've combined this stamp set with the gorgeous Floral Romance Specialty Designer Paper for an elegant look! You'll get tutorials for three cards (one a special fold) and a special 3D favor project, that are perfect for your classes or to make for yourself or gifts! See the details HERE!