It’s Monday and time for another Inspiration Monday on Create with Connie and Mary! Mary is making me hungry for sweets with all these cake and cookies inspiration pieces she selected! Today it is a bright and cheerful cake!
I decided to be quite literal when interpreting this cake! Here’s what I came up with! TIP: You also have pieces for two more cards just by using the shapes again with the other colors, putting them together like a puzzle!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Very Vanilla cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- I cut three pieces to 4×4 in Flirty Flamingo, Grapefruit Grove and Daffodil Delight cardstock. Placing them all together, I cut into three diagonal pieces. I used one of each of the colors and shapes to add to the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The entire layer was run thru the Big Shot with the Subtles Embossing Folder.
- I used the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack and the same colors, plus Call Me Clover, to punch out the flowers and leaves.
- I used the Spring Punch for the vines.
- A 1″ Circle punch was used for the four Grapefruit Grove circles.
- I added different sized Rhinestones in the centers of the flowers and curled them slightly so they are raised off the card.
- I stamped Hello from Beauty Abounds stamp set with Memento Black Ink in one of the circles.
What a FUN card!!! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Our next online class collection from the NEW Annual Catalog is the beautiful ARTISTICALLY INKED COLLECTION! Oh my word...have you seen this suite? The artistic images in this set give a unique watercolor look to backgrounds, flowers and leaves! And the metallic gold in the DSP is a perfect touch of bling! We've used ARTISTICALLY INKED STAMP SET, ARTISTIC DIES with the coordinating EXPRESSIONS IN INK DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a keepsake 3D project tutorial you will love! See more details here!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR