It’s Monday and time for another Inspiration Monday on Create with Connie and Mary! Mary is making me hungry for sweets with all these cake and cookies inspiration pieces she selected! Today it is a bright and cheerful cake!
I decided to be quite literal when interpreting this cake! Here’s what I came up with! TIP: You also have pieces for two more cards just by using the shapes again with the other colors, putting them together like a puzzle!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Very Vanilla cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- I cut three pieces to 4×4 in Flirty Flamingo, Grapefruit Grove and Daffodil Delight cardstock. Placing them all together, I cut into three diagonal pieces. I used one of each of the colors and shapes to add to the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The entire layer was run thru the Big Shot with the Subtles Embossing Folder.
- I used the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack and the same colors, plus Call Me Clover, to punch out the flowers and leaves.
- I used the Spring Punch for the vines.
- A 1″ Circle punch was used for the four Grapefruit Grove circles.
- I added different sized Rhinestones in the centers of the flowers and curled them slightly so they are raised off the card.
- I stamped Hello from Beauty Abounds stamp set with Memento Black Ink in one of the circles.
What a FUN card!!! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV