Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday photo! When I first saw the SMALL image of this, I thought it was a blob of pink! Then I looked closer and saw the yummy popsicles!
Since we don’t have any current stamp sets with popsicles in them, I decided to make a punch art one with Melon Mambo cardstock and ink! A little bit of Wink of Stella makes it shine!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock.
- I stamped a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock using the Buffalo Check background stamp and Melon Mambo Ink, then tore the sheet in half diagonally (bonus, I still have another half sheet I can use!) I adhered it to the Whisper White layer.
- On a 2-1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Melon Mambo cardstock, I rounded one edge by sliding it thru the back of the Layering Circle Die and running it partially thru the Big Shot.
- I did the same with the two 1/2 x 2-3/4 strips of Melon Mambo cardstock, cutting off just a little on each end. I sponged the edges with Melon Mambo Ink to give them so definition, then used Clear Wink of Stella on top.
- I repeated the same with two 1/2 x 2 strips of Crumb Cake cardstock for the handles, and adhered to the back of the “popsicle”.
- All the pieces were popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals and placed on the front of the card.
- Cheers to You from Itty Bitty Birthdays was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the open space background.
- A bow was tied with the Whisper White/Silver Metallic Ribbon and added to the bottom of the popsicle with a Mini Glue Dot.
I tried adding some flowers…just wasn’t working. But, I do love this card! Make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Click here for details!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!
Are you starting to get ready for the holidays? We are! And we love to get our Christmas cards done early! For this Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s ENCIRCLED IN WARMTH STAMP SET with the ENCIRCLED IN BEAUTY DIES to create a gorgeous set of EIGHT holiday card tutorials! The Red & Green Foil Sheets add shimmer and shine to the muted Peaceful Place Designer Paper and enhance the doily dies and festive greetings. Grab this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials today! See more details HERE!