Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! Isn’t this a beautiful floral watercolor picture? I’m thinking the flowers are geraniums? I don’t recall Stampin’ Up! ever having a geranium image, do you?
I remember having a hall bathroom wallpapered in geraniums when we first got married…it was SO pretty! Here’s what I came up with for my card…a watercolor technique!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Lovely Lipstick cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black was added on top.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Watercolor Paper, the paper was spritzed with water, then the flower from Beautiful Friendship was stamped with Lovely Lipstick Ink (it will spread quite a bit). When the paper was almost dry, the flower was stamped again on top with Lovely Lipstick Ink. This technique really gives a pretty look.
- The leaves in Beautiful Friendship were stamped several times with Granny Apple Green Ink.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the lower left corner.
That’s it!!! SOOOO simple. I really think it looks like the inspiration photo, don’t you? OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!