Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! Isn’t this a beautiful floral watercolor picture? I’m thinking the flowers are geraniums? I don’t recall Stampin’ Up! ever having a geranium image, do you?
I remember having a hall bathroom wallpapered in geraniums when we first got married…it was SO pretty! Here’s what I came up with for my card…a watercolor technique!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Lovely Lipstick cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black was added on top.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Watercolor Paper, the paper was spritzed with water, then the flower from Beautiful Friendship was stamped with Lovely Lipstick Ink (it will spread quite a bit). When the paper was almost dry, the flower was stamped again on top with Lovely Lipstick Ink. This technique really gives a pretty look.
- The leaves in Beautiful Friendship were stamped several times with Granny Apple Green Ink.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the lower left corner.
That’s it!!! SOOOO simple. I really think it looks like the inspiration photo, don’t you? OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Could the Snail Mail Suite of products be ANY cuter? Look at those little faces and those Resin Hearts...oh my! We are using the Snailed It Stamp Set and Snail Dies for our next Collection of tutorials! For this Snailed It Collection, we've made three cards (one a fun fold), and an absolutely FUN and unique favor box that is perfect for your stamp camps and classes! You'll want to make several to give away! See more details here!
For our Friends are Like Seashells Collection, we've made FOUR cards (one a fun fold), a small favor and a 3D project that are perfect for your stamp camps and classes! This bundle has a coordinating 3D Embossing Folder that can be used with the large die for a stamp, emboss and cut combo that has so much texture, they almost look real! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DFQD4KKC