Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! Isn’t this a beautiful floral watercolor picture? I’m thinking the flowers are geraniums? I don’t recall Stampin’ Up! ever having a geranium image, do you?
I remember having a hall bathroom wallpapered in geraniums when we first got married…it was SO pretty! Here’s what I came up with for my card…a watercolor technique!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Lovely Lipstick cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black was added on top.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Watercolor Paper, the paper was spritzed with water, then the flower from Beautiful Friendship was stamped with Lovely Lipstick Ink (it will spread quite a bit). When the paper was almost dry, the flower was stamped again on top with Lovely Lipstick Ink. This technique really gives a pretty look.
- The leaves in Beautiful Friendship were stamped several times with Granny Apple Green Ink.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the lower left corner.
That’s it!!! SOOOO simple. I really think it looks like the inspiration photo, don’t you? OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Next up in our Christmas Collections we featured the Gnome for the Holidays stamp set with the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper for a warm holiday feel! Our GNOME FOR THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION has THREE cards (one a special fold card), and a darling home décor item perfect for a small gift! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s new CURVY CELEBRATIONS SUITE is an early release of the QUITE CURVY STAMP SET AND CURVY DIES that will be in the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. We've combined it with the coordinating Christmas stamp set, CURVY CHRISTMAS and CLASSIC CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: F6P9Q2NK