Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! Isn’t this a beautiful floral watercolor picture? I’m thinking the flowers are geraniums? I don’t recall Stampin’ Up! ever having a geranium image, do you?
I remember having a hall bathroom wallpapered in geraniums when we first got married…it was SO pretty! Here’s what I came up with for my card…a watercolor technique!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Lovely Lipstick cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black was added on top.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Watercolor Paper, the paper was spritzed with water, then the flower from Beautiful Friendship was stamped with Lovely Lipstick Ink (it will spread quite a bit). When the paper was almost dry, the flower was stamped again on top with Lovely Lipstick Ink. This technique really gives a pretty look.
- The leaves in Beautiful Friendship were stamped several times with Granny Apple Green Ink.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the lower left corner.
That’s it!!! SOOOO simple. I really think it looks like the inspiration photo, don’t you? OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Next up from our August-December 2020 Mini Catalog selections is the fun Press On Stamp Set! Who doesn't love coffee, tea or cocoa? Our PRESS ON COLLECTION has three cards (one a really FUN interactive card) and a 3D project sure to jazz up your drink bar, tiered tray or to give away as a gift for a coffee/tea/cocoa addict friend! See more details HERE!
We are excited for our second August-December Catalog Collection for the holidays featuring the fabulous Making a Difference COMING HOME BUNDLE of products! This Collection of SIX card tutorials would make a great World Card Making Day or product class...either in person or online and we've paired it with Itty Bitty Greetings. See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: X4N6GEG4