Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! Mary has found an AWESOME looking fall cake…making me wish I hadn’t given up sugar! I’d love to dig in, especially if it is spice or carrot cake inside! Yum!
I noticed that Mary had use Gather Together, so I wanted to use a different stamp set. I went with the fun Harvest Hellos on my card and kept it pretty simple!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Very Vanilla cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Come to Gather Designer Paper.
- The 3 x 4-1/4 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock was embossed with the Corrugated Embossing Folder and added to the front.
- The Nested Stitched Die is cut from Garden Green cardstock and added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The pumpkin from Harvest Hellos is stamped with Cajun Craze Ink and colored with Light & Dark Pumpkin Pie and Light Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blends. It was punched out with the Apple Builder Punch and added to the Nested Label with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaf and vine were stamped with Garden Green and the leaf colored with Pear Pizzazz Light Blends. They were hand-cut and added to the pumpkin.
- The stem was punched from Early Espresso cardstock.
- Give Thanks was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Garden Green cardstock and cut with the smallest Nested Stitched Label Die, then added on front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
Funny that this card gave me fits putting together…it was torn apart SEVERAL times until I was satisfied with the balance! I slept on it and then worked on it again in the morning and it pulled together easily! OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Our next Collection of tutorials features the GORGEOUS Christmas Gleaming Bundle! The Brightly Gleaming Suite of products are striking with their copper accents and the Hammered Metal Embossing Folder goes with everything! We've used the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set and Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack for our tutorial Collection of three cards (one a special fun fold) and a extremely useful 3D project that would be fun as it's own class! See more details HERE!