I didn’t get a chance to show this card earlier, made with Stampin’ Up!’s Look Up To Father stamp from the Spring Catalog, because it was my dad’s Father’s Day card and I didn’t want him to see it before he got it! I really LOVE the greeting in it. I’m sure this stamp will remain in my special stamps to keep! And, combining it with Work of Art for this beautiful sunrise/sunset is perfect for him! I’m not the originator of the sunset idea with Work of Art…I just adapted it for my card.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Mossy Meadow, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Calypso Coral cardstock.
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, I stamped the tree from Look Up to Father with Black Stazon. I darkened it even more by dotting on my Basic Black Marker to fill in some of the lighter areas of the tree…but was careful not to lose the airiness of the leaves.
- I used the Work of Art stamps for the ground with Mossy Meadow Ink, the sun with Daffodil Delight and the sky with Calpyso Coral.
- Next I used Soft Sky Ink and a sponge to give the appearance of sky in the background.
- The greeting was stamped with Black Stazon in the lower right area and I added some bling with the trio of Calpyso Coral Candy Dots.
Looks surprisingly simple, right? Well, I ruined about 2 full sheets of Whisper White trying to get everything lined up correctly! lol! But…I do love the outcome!
Next ribbon order going in on July 1st!!!