WELCOME! It has been several months since I’ve had the chance to participate in the Mediterranean Grand Achievers Blog Hop! The theme this month is “All You Need is Love”. I can’t wait to see all the ideas! You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog, Connie Babbert, or have come from the person before me. Just continue around the blog hop by clicking on the link for the next person in line after my name, Connie Babbert, listed below. Enjoy!
With this theme, you’ll probably be seeing a lot of pink and red on this month’s blog hop. But, I wanted to create a special Valentine/Love card for my husband…he does SO much and I truly appreciate him! I went with some masculine colors and the Going Places bundle of products for my husband’s card. Hope he doesn’t peek at my blog before I give it to him!
Here’s the outside with the card closed:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Sahara Sand, scored at 2-3/4 and 5-1/2. The short flap for the front is folded back on itself.
- A 2-3/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Going Places Designer Paper covers the front flap.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 piece of coordinating Going Places Designer Paper covers the inside.
- Two sizes of stars were cut with the Star Framelits and Hello Honey cardstock. The larger 3-7/8″ star was adhered to the front panel and the smaller 2-7/8″ star inside, making sure the front star will completely cover up the inside star when the card is closed.
- The Lucky Stars greeting was stamped inside on the star with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- The Globe was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Lost Lagoon and cut with the 2-3/8″ Circle Framelit, then layered on a 2-1/2″ Circle of Basic Black cardstock. It is popped up on the front of the star with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The lost without you greeting was stamped on a 1/2 x 4 strip of Whisper White and adhered over the center of the globe.
I thought this was such an appropriate card since my husband IS the star in my life and it would be a great Valentine card! OK…now time to move on to the next fabulous person in line under my name, Connie Babbert. I’m sure you’ll get LOTS of inspiration as you go around the blog hop! Have fun!