My grandson, Brody, turned ONE years old on Friday and they held his birthday party on Saturday! He’s such a happy baby!
Here’s the card I made for his birthday…the theme of the party was that he was “O-Fish-ally One”! His mom came over and cut out many circles and ovals to make bobbers and fish for decorations…unfortunately I didn’t get good photos of them finished (left that to my husband since I’m not getting around easily…and he kind of missed the boat with his photography skills at the party).
Here are the details on my card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock.
- Next layer is a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of the Herringbone Pool Party pattern in the Coffee Cafe Designer Paper package.
- The fishing bobber was made by cutting two of the largest Stitched Layers Circles from Whisper White and Real Red cardstock. Then used the large Layering Oval to cut away a potion of the Real Red and make the curve. They were adhered together.
- The top of the bobber was a 1″ square of Basic Black cut on the sides to an angle and adhered behind the circles.
- The #1 from the Layering Alphabet was cut from Basic Black cardstock and added to the bobber towards the left side.
- The Hip Hip Hooray greeting from Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set was curved and placed on the block, then stamped with Basic Black Ink.
- A 1/8″ Circle was punched in the topper and then Basic Black Baker’s Twine was run thru the hole and then circled on the front of the card, held with Mini Glue Dots.
- The bobber was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I think it turned out SO cute! Love to be able to personalize cards to match the theme of their birthday parties!!! One of the reasons I became a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in the first place was to be able to made cards and favors like this! Wish I had been a demo when my kids were little!
AND…it’s not too late to join our August 2017 Mini Session! We have a BONUS project with purchase using the Carols of Christmas stamp set, available now to customers…that you will LOVE!
- Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online. All for only $8.95 US!
See details at Create with Connie and Mary!