Hard to believe that I almost didn’t buy this Stampin’ Up! set, Ornamental Pine. I have an older pine branch set that I’ve used off and on, but I really love the greetings in this set. I also have to admit that I’m a little tired of making Christmas cards. Feels like I’ve been making up samples for my blog and to share for months (and I have!). So…I think this will be my last one of the season. I know I’ll be excited again next year when the season rolls around! lol! Plus…I have all my new Occasions goodies waiting for me to play with them. I made myself a promise that if I put a big dent in my Christmas wrapping today, I’d allow myself to play a little tomorrow! lol!
This card is one of those that looks SOOOO much prettier in person! The embossed white branch, colored with Blendabilities and the sparkle of Silver Glimmer around the greeting, plus the base of Whisper White…it just pops! My camera battery was dying or else I’d try to re-photograph this on black to see if it showed up better. Oh well! Make one for yourself and you’ll see! lol!
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5 1/4 Night of Navy layer I rounded the corners with the Project Life Corner Rounder.
- I embossed the pine branch with White Embossing Powder and colored the needles with the Old Olive Blendabilities Markers. The branch I used the Crumb Cake Blendabilities.
- I stamped the pine cone with Early Espresso on Chocolate Chip cardstock, added the White Gel Pen snow and cut it out, then placed on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I added some snow flurries with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I’ve really used that a LOT this winter on cards!
- The greeting was stamped with Night of Navy on Whisper White and cut with the Circle Framelits. I layered it on another Circle of Silver Glimmer Paper, then popped it up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
As I mentioned, it really has so much more impact in person than on my computer screen! But I hope you enjoy it! And…speaking of moving on…our Create with Connie and Mary Valentine Collection will start soon! Don’t miss out! Here are the details:
Create with Connie and Mary is getting ready to launch our Valentine Special MINI Collection 2015 immediately after Christmas on December 26th! That is so we give our demo subscribers plenty of time to set up their classes, but you don’t need to be a demo to join us! Sign up TODAY at Create with Connie and Mary so you don’t miss out!
This MINI collection will be slightly different…only FOUR projects…and only $5.95 US!!!
- A mini session featuring the You Plus Me and Hey, Valentine suite of stamps and accessories!
- FOUR step-by-step pictorial project tutorials…two card set tutorials and two 3D projects!
- NEW! Kits of supplies for each project will be available for subscribers to purchase!
- Featuring the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack on all our projects!
- ONE tutorial revealed EACH day on Dec 26, 27, 28 and 29.
- Exclusive to subscribers, these projects will not be shown ANYWHERE else!
- Demos & Customers welcome!
Join today over on Create with Connie and Mary!