I’ve had a lot of fun playing around with Painter’s Palette. It was the pre-order set I used to make up my four card set for the Create with Connie and Mary May Mini Session! Once I got started, I couldn’t stop! So, here’s one that didn’t make the set. I had decided to go with one color scheme for my set, and this one didn’t follow it. But, I love how bright and cheerful it is!
Reminds you of primary school art class, doesn’t it? I had wonderful art teachers!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Wild Wasabi cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pacific Point cardstock.
- On the 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Whisper White, the splatter image was stamped with Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight inks randomly.
- The “Our Friend is a work of art” greeting from Painter’s Palette was stamped first with Memento Black, and cut with the Layering Squares Framelit. The word art was stamped several times in Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi and Pacific Point inks on scrap Whisper White. Each individual letter was cut out of a different color and adhered over the Memento Black greeting. Tip: keep the letters and you can make two more cards!
- The greeting was layered on the scallop Layering Squares Framelit cut from Daffodil Delight cardstock. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I punched the new Duet Banner from Real Red cardstock, cut it in half and adhered under the Daffodil Delight square.
- The “pin” from the same set was stamped twice with Real Red Ink on scrap Whisper White and cut out, then “tacked” to the Layering Square with Mini Glue Dots.
So much fun! It turned out exactly how I pictured it in my head! lol!
Are you looking for some GREAT ideas using items from the demo pre-order? Our Create with Connie and Mary May Mini Session is NOW OPEN and it’s not too late to subscribe!
Sets we will be using for the May Mini Session:
- Swirly Bird Bundle
- Painter’s Palette
- Confetti Celebration
- Pop of Paradise
- Gift of Love
Sign up for both May and June and get a wonderful bonus project created by me! So head on over to Create with Connie and Mary and subscribe today! It’s only $8.95 US for five great projects and card sets!