Now that the retirement lists will be out next week, I start thinking about stamp sets that I haven’t used as much as I planned! I used Perfect Peacock for one of my Blendabilities classes a while back and still had this sample sitting on my desk already colored! So, I turned it into a card! I used a cool Framelit technique…only the bottom tail of the peacock is cut out, the rest is cut by the Circle Framelit! I’m also using my FAVORITE retiring In Color, Coastal Cabana! Waaah! What will I do without it?
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Whisper White, with the bottom corners rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder.
- Coastal Cabana cardstock layer is cut 4 x 5-1/4 and the corners rounded, too.
- On a piece of Whisper White, the Perfect Peacock image was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Coastal Cabana and Rich Razzleberry. (Substitute the Stampin’ Write Markers and an AquaPainter for a similar look since the Blendies are not available anymore.)
- Use the Circle Framelit sized to fit around the image and draw a pencil circle on the inside of the Framelit around the peacock image. Cut the portion of the image that falls outside the circle up to the pencil line.
- Slip the outside portion of the image ABOVE the Circle Framelit so it doesn’t cut and then line up the Framelit with the pencil circle you made. Run thru the Big Shot to cut.
- Add the image to the front with Stampin’ dimensionals.
- Add some small Pearls for a little bling.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday greeting from the hostess set Because You Care with Tuxedo Black ink in the lower right area. I love this greeting set!