I played around a little with the Rose Wonder Stamp Set and Rose Garden Thinlets this weekend and I have a few tips for you! I needed several sympathy cards and this set has several pretty greetings in it! Here’s one of the cards I came up with.
This card actually took a lot longer to make than it looks! That is because I originally cut with the So Saffron and Pear Pizzazz cardstock and saved the inside pieces, then cut it again with Calypso Coral and Mossy Meadow cardstocks for the outlines.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Calypso Coral cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The outline flower was cut from Calypso Coral and the outline leaves from Mossy Meadow. The flower was cut again from So Saffron and the leaves from Pear Pizzazz and pieces saved.
- Place flower and leaves outlines on the Whisper White with Fine Tip Glue Pen. Adhere inside pieces within the outlines.
- Stamp greeting from Rose Wonder stamp set with Tuxedo Black Ink in upper right corner.
Tip #1. It would be MUCH faster to adhere the flower and leaves outline frames to a square of the background color and cut around the outside vs. placing all the inside pieces of another color within the frame.
Tip #2. This is a LARGE flower when put together. Make sure to do a “dry run” on your placement so you know it is all contained on the front of your card. As you can see, my top leaf runs off the front of the card a little. Luckily it still fit in the envelope ok.
Tip #3. When you stamp the large flower, you need to be VERY careful when cutting it with the framelit to get the inked portion to show up. I found it to be an unnecessary step and would probably only use the stamp and framelits flowers together if I heat embossed it so the lines of the stamp were thicker inside the frame. But, the stamps and framelits separately work great!
So, I actually did like it when it was done, but it was a little trial and error at first! Hope you find my tips useful.
Our Create with Connie and Mary December Mini Session is NOW AVAILABLE and it’s not too late to join for only $8.95 US! See a sneak peek of the FIVE projects we did including a couple of the NEW Occasions Catalog sets! Don’t miss out!
Here is a list of the sets we are using for the December session, great for your upcoming January, Valentine and Occasions classes:
- Bloomin’ Love Bundle 3D Project
- Going Global
- Timeless Love
- Wonderland (last minute gift packaging idea!)
- No Bones About It
- BONUS: Bloomin’ Love Card Set
Sign up today over on Create with Connie and Mary!