Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop! This week our Create with Connie and Mary theme is “Back to School”. I think most schools are back to school by now…or at least went back this week! Our schools have been back in session for a couple weeks now.
I think Stampin’ Up!’s Harvest Hellos is one of the cutest we’ve had in a long time! I like that the punch fits either an apple or pumpkin or jack-o-lantern! Makes it so versatile! So, for my back to school card, I wanted a notebook paper background…easy to make with the Simply Scored Tool!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Real Red cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded to form base card.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pineapple Punch cardstock.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White was placed in the Simply Scored Tool, then the Balmy Blue Marker used to make the lines in the notebook paper every 1/2 inch with 1 inch at the top. The side was scored at 3/4 ink.
- A 1/4″ Hole Punch was used on the left side for the binder holes. It was adhered to the base card.
- A 1/2 x 3 piece of Brights (Granny Apple Green) Designer Paper was added towards the bottom of the notebook paper.
- The apple from Harvest Hellos stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and colored with the Real Red and Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blends. It was punched with the Apple Builder Punch and placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The stem was punched from Early Espresso cardstock and added under the apple with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The leaf was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, colored with Granny Apple Green Blends, then punched with the Apple Builder Punch and added to the apple.
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the base of the stem.
- Welcome Back from Harvest Hellos stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Granny Apple Green cardstock and punched with the Classic Label Punch, then added towards the top of the notebook paper.
- A trio of Red Rhinestones were added to the background.
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!