Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop! This week our Create with Connie and Mary theme is “Back to School”. I think most schools are back to school by now…or at least went back this week! Our schools have been back in session for a couple weeks now.
I think Stampin’ Up!’s Harvest Hellos is one of the cutest we’ve had in a long time! I like that the punch fits either an apple or pumpkin or jack-o-lantern! Makes it so versatile! So, for my back to school card, I wanted a notebook paper background…easy to make with the Simply Scored Tool!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Real Red cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded to form base card.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pineapple Punch cardstock.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White was placed in the Simply Scored Tool, then the Balmy Blue Marker used to make the lines in the notebook paper every 1/2 inch with 1 inch at the top. The side was scored at 3/4 ink.
- A 1/4″ Hole Punch was used on the left side for the binder holes. It was adhered to the base card.
- A 1/2 x 3 piece of Brights (Granny Apple Green) Designer Paper was added towards the bottom of the notebook paper.
- The apple from Harvest Hellos stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and colored with the Real Red and Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blends. It was punched with the Apple Builder Punch and placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The stem was punched from Early Espresso cardstock and added under the apple with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The leaf was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, colored with Granny Apple Green Blends, then punched with the Apple Builder Punch and added to the apple.
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the base of the stem.
- Welcome Back from Harvest Hellos stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Granny Apple Green cardstock and punched with the Classic Label Punch, then added towards the top of the notebook paper.
- A trio of Red Rhinestones were added to the background.
Use HOST CODE: YCV2ZW6S
Stampin' Up! is introducing a special early release product suite from the Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalog called EDEN'S GARDEN! This Eden's Garden Suite is filled with sweet greetings, flourishing foliage images and blooming with garden frames and borders, plus a touch of metallic gold! We've used this upcoming Eden's Garden Stamp Set, Eden Dies and Ever Eden Designer Paper for our next Collection featuring FOUR card tutorials and TWO small favor packaging tutorials! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FROSTED GINGERBREAD BUNDLE is just the sweetest! The larger images can be used to make yummy iced gingerbread paper cookies or elegant ornaments and snowflakes! Use the dies to cut out images directly from the Designer Paper, too! We've used the FROSTED GINGERBREAD STAMP SET and GINGERBREAD DIES, along with the GINGERBREAD AND PEPPERMINTS DESIGNER PAPER for our next Collection featuring THREE card tutorials (one a special fold) and a great gift idea for the holidays! See more details here!