This week for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop we are having fun…it’s all about cards that move! Could be shakers, spinners…or designer’s choice! Lots of creativity, I’m sure! I used a fun fold that I saw on our own Debbie Henderson’s blog earlier this year and had been wanting to try it. She calls it an Accordion Movement Card.
So…here’s the front. Don’t you love that Candy Cane Lane Designer Paper?
Here are the details for the front:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2 and folded to make the base card.
- The top piece of DSP is 4 x 3-3/4 and the bottom is 4 x 1-3/4, they will overlap about 1/4″. Then the Real Red piece is 3/4 x 4 to hide the seam.
- The accordion center piece is 2-3/4 x 12 and scored at 3, 4-1/2, 6, 7-1/2 and 9. Fold back and forth accordion style.
- Once folded, cut the top (both pieces together) with the Lots of Labels largest Framelit.
- The greeting from Candy Cane Christmas was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Whisper White, then cut with the NEW Stitched Circle Framelits (second from smallest). It was layered on a scallop Layered Circle cut from Early Espresso cardstock in the next largest size.
- The gingerbread and candy piece were cut from the Designer Paper and added to the front of the circles.
- A long piece of Real Red Baker’s Twine ties to hold it closed.
Here’s the inside with the piece untied and unfolded.
- I decorated the inside folds with coordinating DSP and them stamped some images with Real Red, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso inks, then cut them out.
- I did some “omit stamping” to only ink part of the greetings and used the Early Espresso Marker.
Isn’t that a FUN fold? I love it! Perfect card for small images, too!
OK…next up with our Create with Connie and Mary website where you can find out more about our brand new November 2016 Mini Session that opened yesterday! PLUS…sign up for both the November and December Mini Sessions together and get a free HOLIDAY BONUS tutorial! We know you’ll be excited about that! Our December issue will be featuring the Occasions & SAB catalogs! WOOHOO!
- Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
- All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials).
- Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month.