This week we are “Casing Mary Brown”! Here’s her card that I chose from last year’s holiday catalog.
And here’s how I updated her card using the new Beary Cute Bundle!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White c/s, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 1-1/4 x 5-1/2 strip of Night of Navy cardstock was added along the left side.
- The 2-3/4 x 4-1/4 piece of Beary Christmas DSP was adhered on top.
- A 1/4 x 5 strip of white Textured Shimmer Paper was added on the front.
- The 2-3/4 x 3 piece of Basic White c/s was sponged along the bottom with Balmy Blue Ink using a Blending Brush.
- The greeting was stamped with Night of Navy Ink along the bottom.
- On Basic White c/s, the tree was stamped with Night of Navy Ink, the tree inside was stamped with Shaded Spruce Ink, and the hat and scarf were stamped with Balmy Blue Ink. All were hand cut.
- The bear was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on Basic White c/s and punched with the Beary Cute Punch. All were added to the Basic White panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The panel was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of white Adhesive Backed Glitter Sequins were added to the tree and background.
Isn’t that a fun update to Mary’s card from last year? OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Stamps: Beary Cute
Inks: Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Shaded Spruce
C/S: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Night of Navy, Textured 12×12 Shimmer Paper, Beary Christmas 12×12 Designer Paper
Accessories: Beary Cute Punch, Adhesive Backed Glitter Sequins, Blending Brush, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: GWQPRERQ
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 1st as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!
Lift up a special someone's spirits using Stampin' Up!'s HOT AIR BALLOON BUNDLE by combining hot air balloon designs in various colors and the greetings to show birthday wishes, encouragement and support! Personalize your stamped papercraft balloons with HOT AIR BALLOON DIES that feature quilted elements, balloon baskets, hearts, banner, pennants and more! Our HOT AIR BALLOON COLLECTION also features the LIGHTER THAN AIR DESIGNER PAPER with soft vibrant colors. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for THREE cards (one a special fold) and a useful gift packaging holder, too! See more details HERE!