For the next several weeks, we will be Casing the Design Team for our Saturday Blog Hops! This week our featured Design Team Member is Mary Brown! We are to find an “old” card on her blog that we like and use the layout and colors with a new set from the July-December Mini Catalog! This should be fun! We will show both the “old” card that inspired us, and our new version! Here’s Mary’s card that I choose from last year.
FOND OF AUTUMN
This Fond of Autumn Bundle is quite versatile for fall cards! I love that the dies allow you to keep the large image together or cut it into pieces like I did here!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 3 x 4 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock was cut with the Stitched Leaves Die and added to the front.
- A 1 x 5 strip of He’s The Man Designer Paper was added to the front.
- A 1/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Gold Metallic Paper was added on top.
- The large image from Fond of Autumn was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Basic White cardstock and colored with Pale Papaya Combo, SU300, Soft Succulent Combo and Light Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Blends. It was cut in three pieces with the Autumn Bouquet Dies and the two larger pieces added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Autumn Greetings was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on 5/8 x 3 Basic White and ends trimmed. It was added with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two Gold Brushed Metallic Dots were added to the corner.
Think that is a pretty good update on Mary’s card, don’t you? OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Stamp Sets: Fond of Autumn
Inks: Memento Black, Early Espresso
C/S: Basic White, Crumb Cake, Gold Metallic, He’s The Man DSP
Accessories: Autumn Bouquet Dies, Stitched Leaves Die, Brushed Metallic Dots, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Build your own pumpkin patch with these fun images in the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE! Mix and match the different sized pumpkins, sentiments, leaves and branches, including a little face for jack-o-lanterns and a friendly crow! The unique PICK OF THE PATCH BUILDER PUNCH helps you quickly punch these images from cardstock or designer paper. We featured the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE with the unexpected O HOLY NIGHT DESIGNER PAPER for some awesome night skies and jewel-tone effects! There are step-by-step instructions for THREE card designs (one a special fold) and a fall decor project! See more details here!
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!