This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday blog hop theme is “Cute Halloween” cards! This should be lots of fun since Stampin’ Up! currently has SEVERAL cute Halloween sets in their Mini Catalog!
I decided to use the sweet Clever Cats stamp set…I love cats and this set just reflects their personality perfectly! However, I didn’t even use any cats on this card…but the jack-o-lantern is just as cute.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Basic Black cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pumpkin Pie cardstock is embossed with the Hammered Metal Embossing Folder…love the look of this texture!
- A 2 x 4 piece of the “boo” Cute Halloween DSP was added at a slight angle in the background, with a 2-1/2 x 3 piece of polka dot Cute Halloween DSP on top at the opposite angle.
- The fun label was cut with the Hippo & Friends Dies (I resisted just as long as I could…but I love the shape of these labels!) from Highland Heather cardstock. It was stamped with the spider from Frightfully Cute Stamp Set in Memento Black Ink.
- The pumpkin outline was stamped with Memento Black Ink and the inside with Pumpkin Pie Ink on Basic White cardstock. The hat was stamped with Memento Black Ink. Both were hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Up! The buckle was colored with Daffodil Delight Blends.
- The bat and greeting from Clever Cats stamp set were stamped on Basic White. The bat was hand-cut and the greeting cut with the Frightful Tags Dies. They were both added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Celebrate life's big and small moments by creating meaningful cards, notes and more with the Sending Smiles Stamp Set and coordinating Sending Dies. Mix and match blossoms, buds, stems, and leaves for new patterns that can be as simple or complex as you like. The all-occasions greetings will bring a smile to anyone's face and fit perfectly in the Sending label dies. Our Sending Smiles Collection of tutorials has FOUR card designs and TWO fun little gifts for a total of SIX project tutorials! We've paired the Sending Smiles Stamp Set and Sending Dies with the new 2022-24 In Colors Designer Paper in this Collection for some bright, colorful fun! See more details HERE!
If you need a card and want to make it fun, choose the playful images and cheerful greetings in the Sweet Songbirds Stamp Set! The solid images make quick work of stamping and punching in a variety of colors! This Collection of tutorials has three card designs (one a fun fold) and a cute little decorative gift. We've paired the Sweet Songbirds Stamp Set and Songbird Builder Punch with the new 2022-24 In Colors Designer Paper in this Collection for some bright, colorful fun! See more details HERE!