This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday blog hop theme is “Cute Halloween” cards! This should be lots of fun since Stampin’ Up! currently has SEVERAL cute Halloween sets in their Mini Catalog!
I decided to use the sweet Clever Cats stamp set…I love cats and this set just reflects their personality perfectly! However, I didn’t even use any cats on this card…but the jack-o-lantern is just as cute.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Basic Black cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pumpkin Pie cardstock is embossed with the Hammered Metal Embossing Folder…love the look of this texture!
- A 2 x 4 piece of the “boo” Cute Halloween DSP was added at a slight angle in the background, with a 2-1/2 x 3 piece of polka dot Cute Halloween DSP on top at the opposite angle.
- The fun label was cut with the Hippo & Friends Dies (I resisted just as long as I could…but I love the shape of these labels!) from Highland Heather cardstock. It was stamped with the spider from Frightfully Cute Stamp Set in Memento Black Ink.
- The pumpkin outline was stamped with Memento Black Ink and the inside with Pumpkin Pie Ink on Basic White cardstock. The hat was stamped with Memento Black Ink. Both were hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Up! The buckle was colored with Daffodil Delight Blends.
- The bat and greeting from Clever Cats stamp set were stamped on Basic White. The bat was hand-cut and the greeting cut with the Frightful Tags Dies. They were both added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: GWQPRERQ
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 1st as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!
Lift up a special someone's spirits using Stampin' Up!'s HOT AIR BALLOON BUNDLE by combining hot air balloon designs in various colors and the greetings to show birthday wishes, encouragement and support! Personalize your stamped papercraft balloons with HOT AIR BALLOON DIES that feature quilted elements, balloon baskets, hearts, banner, pennants and more! Our HOT AIR BALLOON COLLECTION also features the LIGHTER THAN AIR DESIGNER PAPER with soft vibrant colors. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for THREE cards (one a special fold) and a useful gift packaging holder, too! See more details HERE!