Happy Saturday and Happy New Year!!! One of the best things about the New Year and getting a new catalog (the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs are here!) is that I get in the mood to organize. Once I’ve cleared out the Holiday Catalog items to make room, it seems to get the entire process started. Today’s project is labeling and “filing” all my new Die Cuts. I place them on Magnetic Cards and in a plastic sleeve to protect them, then file them in a basket in my drawer (in alphabetical order, of course!) Hard thing is that the stamp set and die set names aren’t the same. So, I make a cross-reference sheet to help me with that. I print it and keep it in my drawer. That’s on today’s list to make, too!
This month on Create with Connie and Mary blog hops, we are featuring “empowerment words”. Every Saturday we will have a new word that hopefully inspires the card we make. This week’s Saturday Blog Hop word is “Encourage”. I find out I send a lot of encouragement cards to those that might need a little cheer. I think this one will put a smile on their face!
DRESSED TO IMPRESS
Who wouldn’t like that little bit of encouragement, especially on a dreary day?
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Lovely Lipstick cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The Whisper White layer is 3-3/4 x5.
- The Best Dressed DSP lipstick print is cut to 2-3/4 x 4 and added on top.
- The Best Dressed DSP striped print is cut to 1 x 3-3/4 and added across the front towards the bottom.
- A 1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Silver Glimmer Paper was added on top.
- The 2-1/4 Circle was punched from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the Dressed to Impress greeting in Memento Black Ink.
- The small smudge image was stamped several times with Lovely Lipstick Ink across the word lipstick. The circle was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The lipstick image from Dressed to Impress stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock and colored with Lovely Lipstick Light & Dark and Smoky Slate Light and Dark Stampin’ Blends. It was cut with the Dies ad added to the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two buttons from the Dies were cut from Petal Pink cardstock and added next to the circle with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Another fun card made with this set! OK…next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card! See what everyone did with this challenge!
Wow! Have you noticed Stampin' Up!'s PLENTIFUL PLANTS BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog? So many fun plants and containers to mix and match, plus there is a macramé hanger in it! We've used the PLENTIFUL PLANTS STAMP SET AND PERFECT PLANTS DIES with the coordinating BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a cute little container idea to make for yourself or give as a little gift! More details here!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR