Happy Saturday and Happy New Year!!! One of the best things about the New Year and getting a new catalog (the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs are here!) is that I get in the mood to organize. Once I’ve cleared out the Holiday Catalog items to make room, it seems to get the entire process started. Today’s project is labeling and “filing” all my new Die Cuts. I place them on Magnetic Cards and in a plastic sleeve to protect them, then file them in a basket in my drawer (in alphabetical order, of course!) Hard thing is that the stamp set and die set names aren’t the same. So, I make a cross-reference sheet to help me with that. I print it and keep it in my drawer. That’s on today’s list to make, too!
This month on Create with Connie and Mary blog hops, we are featuring “empowerment words”. Every Saturday we will have a new word that hopefully inspires the card we make. This week’s Saturday Blog Hop word is “Encourage”. I find out I send a lot of encouragement cards to those that might need a little cheer. I think this one will put a smile on their face!
DRESSED TO IMPRESS
Who wouldn’t like that little bit of encouragement, especially on a dreary day?
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Lovely Lipstick cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The Whisper White layer is 3-3/4 x5.
- The Best Dressed DSP lipstick print is cut to 2-3/4 x 4 and added on top.
- The Best Dressed DSP striped print is cut to 1 x 3-3/4 and added across the front towards the bottom.
- A 1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Silver Glimmer Paper was added on top.
- The 2-1/4 Circle was punched from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the Dressed to Impress greeting in Memento Black Ink.
- The small smudge image was stamped several times with Lovely Lipstick Ink across the word lipstick. The circle was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The lipstick image from Dressed to Impress stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock and colored with Lovely Lipstick Light & Dark and Smoky Slate Light and Dark Stampin’ Blends. It was cut with the Dies ad added to the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two buttons from the Dies were cut from Petal Pink cardstock and added next to the circle with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Another fun card made with this set! OK…next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card! See what everyone did with this challenge!
Make someone HAPPY by sharing one of the projects from our next Collection using the RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS STAMP SET and BRILLIANT RAINBOW DIES! Use the stamps and/or dies to create rainbows in your favorite colors! Mix and match the hearts, raindrops, clouds and texture images with the greetings! We've combined this RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS Bundle with the SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS COLLECTION has SIX projects - FOUR step-by-step card tutorials AND two 3D treat favors that will be perfect to share! See more details HERE!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!