This month we have been featuring themes that revolve around the title names of songs that have colors in them! Our last color theme is “Evergreen” sung by Barbra Streisand. This song has special meaning to me since they played it in our wedding…41 years ago! Gosh…hard to believe it has been that long!
BEAUTY OF FRIENDSHIP
Since we set these themes up well in advance, it was a surprise that one of the new In Colors is called Evening Evergreen! Perfect timing! I used the Beauty of Friendship stamp set for today’s card.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Soft Succulent cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Soft Sea Foam cardstock was embossed with the Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder.
- The Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon was tied around a 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock and was added to the front.
- The 1 x 5-1/4 strip of Pansy Petals Designer Paper was placed down the right side.
- On a 2-1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Basic White cardstock, the tree trunk from Beauty of Friendship was stamped with Early Espresso Ink the solid layer of leaves and ground with Soft Succulent Ink and the detailed leaves with Evening Evergreen.
- It was layered on a 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Soft Succulent cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Beauty of Friendship was stamped on a 3/4 x 2-1/2 piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock with Evening Evergreen Ink and added with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of green Genial Gems was added to the background.
I don’t know what it is about trees…but they just make me happy! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: YCV2ZW6S
Stampin' Up!'s FROSTED GINGERBREAD BUNDLE is just the sweetest! The larger images can be used to make yummy iced gingerbread paper cookies or elegant ornaments and snowflakes! Use the dies to cut out images directly from the Designer Paper, too! We've used the FROSTED GINGERBREAD STAMP SET and GINGERBREAD DIES, along with the GINGERBREAD AND PEPPERMINTS DESIGNER PAPER for our next Collection featuring THREE card tutorials (one a special fold) and a great gift idea for the holidays! See more details here!
We are making the season wintry and festive with our new MERRY SNOWFLAKES COLLECTION! The Merry Snowflakes stamp set has beautiful snowflakes and greetings for the front and inside, plus the Stitched Snowflake Dies are full of embossing and stitching details! This Merry Snowflakes Collection is combined with the Gold & Rose Gold Metallic Specialty Paper to make your season sparkle! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a useful holiday project tutorial you can easily adapt for other occasions! See more details here!