This month we have been featuring themes that revolve around the title names of songs that have colors in them! Our last color theme is “Evergreen” sung by Barbra Streisand. This song has special meaning to me since they played it in our wedding…41 years ago! Gosh…hard to believe it has been that long!
BEAUTY OF FRIENDSHIP
Since we set these themes up well in advance, it was a surprise that one of the new In Colors is called Evening Evergreen! Perfect timing! I used the Beauty of Friendship stamp set for today’s card.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Soft Succulent cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Soft Sea Foam cardstock was embossed with the Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder.
- The Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon was tied around a 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock and was added to the front.
- The 1 x 5-1/4 strip of Pansy Petals Designer Paper was placed down the right side.
- On a 2-1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Basic White cardstock, the tree trunk from Beauty of Friendship was stamped with Early Espresso Ink the solid layer of leaves and ground with Soft Succulent Ink and the detailed leaves with Evening Evergreen.
- It was layered on a 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Soft Succulent cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Beauty of Friendship was stamped on a 3/4 x 2-1/2 piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock with Evening Evergreen Ink and added with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of green Genial Gems was added to the background.
I don’t know what it is about trees…but they just make me happy! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
How sweet is the natural beauty of this APPLE HARVEST STAMP SET? The simple line art of the images will remind you of apple picking on a crisp fall day and are perfect for coloring! But the heartfelt sentiments can be used throughout the year. We've combined the APPLE HARVEST STAMP SET with the fun and colorful GINGHAM COTTAGE DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection. It has three card designs...including a unique fun fold...and a great gift-giving 3D project - JUST IN TIME FOR BACK TO SCHOOL! See more details HERE!
We all know that dogs are a person’s best friend and Stampin’ Up!’s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We’ve paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!