Happy Saturday! This week our Saturday Blog Hop them is “Autumn Flowers”! I was excited about this challenge because I knew I wanted to make a sunflower with the Poinsettia Dies!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock, sponged around the edges with Early Espresso Ink and embossed with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder.
- The 1-1/2 x 4 piece of Gilded Autumn Designer Paper was added to the right side.
- A 3/8 x 5-1/4 strip of Early Espresso cardstock was added across the front.
- The “sunflower” was made by cutting three of the medium poinsettia with the Poinsettia Dies from Bumblebee cardstock and adhere together.
- The center was cut from Early Espresso cardstock with the smallest Layering Circle Die and embossed with the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder, then added to the center of the sunflower.
- The three leaves were cut with the Poinsettia Dies from Old Olive cardstock and sponged with Early Espresso Ink, then tucked under the sunflower.
- Two sprigs were cut from Cajun Craze cardstock and added around the leaves.
- The greeting from Banner Year was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on a 1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, then trimmed to fit under the flower.
- A trio of Bumblebee In Color Enamel Dots were added for the background.
Isn’t that a pretty sunflower? And you get more for your buck from the Poinsettia Dies by using it for a different season. Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM