Happy Saturday! This week our Saturday Blog Hop them is “Autumn Flowers”! I was excited about this challenge because I knew I wanted to make a sunflower with the Poinsettia Dies!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock, sponged around the edges with Early Espresso Ink and embossed with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder.
- The 1-1/2 x 4 piece of Gilded Autumn Designer Paper was added to the right side.
- A 3/8 x 5-1/4 strip of Early Espresso cardstock was added across the front.
- The “sunflower” was made by cutting three of the medium poinsettia with the Poinsettia Dies from Bumblebee cardstock and adhere together.
- The center was cut from Early Espresso cardstock with the smallest Layering Circle Die and embossed with the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder, then added to the center of the sunflower.
- The three leaves were cut with the Poinsettia Dies from Old Olive cardstock and sponged with Early Espresso Ink, then tucked under the sunflower.
- Two sprigs were cut from Cajun Craze cardstock and added around the leaves.
- The greeting from Banner Year was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on a 1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, then trimmed to fit under the flower.
- A trio of Bumblebee In Color Enamel Dots were added for the background.
Isn’t that a pretty sunflower? And you get more for your buck from the Poinsettia Dies by using it for a different season. Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream! And, of course, popsicles, too! For our latest Collection of tutorials, we are using the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set and Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch! You'll get SIX unique tutorials that include four cards (one a special fold), a treat box and a special 3D favor! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FLOWERING CACTUS PRODUCT MEDLEY is a GREAT value and everywhere you look, cacti are featured as part of home décor! We loved the whimsical cactus images and "punny" greetings in the stamp set, so just had to use it for our next Collection! The Flowering Cactus Product Medley kit comes with stamps, dies, designer paper, felt flowers, and two colors of linen thread, everything you need to make it EASY to create! You'll get FOUR unique tutorials that include three cards (one a special fold), and a fun organizing project! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: SW7NGG27