Happy Saturday! This week our Saturday Blog Hop them is “Autumn Flowers”! I was excited about this challenge because I knew I wanted to make a sunflower with the Poinsettia Dies!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock, sponged around the edges with Early Espresso Ink and embossed with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder.
- The 1-1/2 x 4 piece of Gilded Autumn Designer Paper was added to the right side.
- A 3/8 x 5-1/4 strip of Early Espresso cardstock was added across the front.
- The “sunflower” was made by cutting three of the medium poinsettia with the Poinsettia Dies from Bumblebee cardstock and adhere together.
- The center was cut from Early Espresso cardstock with the smallest Layering Circle Die and embossed with the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder, then added to the center of the sunflower.
- The three leaves were cut with the Poinsettia Dies from Old Olive cardstock and sponged with Early Espresso Ink, then tucked under the sunflower.
- Two sprigs were cut from Cajun Craze cardstock and added around the leaves.
- The greeting from Banner Year was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on a 1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, then trimmed to fit under the flower.
- A trio of Bumblebee In Color Enamel Dots were added for the background.
Isn’t that a pretty sunflower? And you get more for your buck from the Poinsettia Dies by using it for a different season. Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
From sweet to just a little bit spooky...the HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC BUNDLE is a great Halloween set. The labels in the Halloween Magic Dies can be used for more than Halloween...they are a wonderful shape! We've paired this bundle with the coordinating Magic in the Night Suite of products! Our HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC COLLECTION has TWO card tutorials and TWO home decor/favor tutorials. See more details HERE!
Our HAVE A HOOT COLLECTION is combined with Plaid Tidings Designer Paper and has three card tutorials (one a special fold!), plus a special gift packaging idea for Halloween and Christmas that we know you will love and "hoot" about! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: YR927SKF