This week’s blog hop theme is our “Favorite Designer Paper” in the Jan-June Mini Catalog! One thing that Stampin’ Up! does VERY well is their designer paper. They are SO gorgeous you almost hate to use it! But this week we are featuring our favorite (if we can pick just ONE!). I’ve been saving these couple sheets of DSP in Hydrangea Haven because I knew they would need to be the focal point of the card, so today’s blog hop challenge was a perfect time to cut it up!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 7-1/2 Highland Heather cardstock, scored at 3-3/4 and folded.
- The Hydrangea Hill DSP was cut to 3-1/2 x 5-1/4 using the bottom border print and added to the front.
- A scallop circle was cut from Gorgeous Grape cardstock with the Layering Circles Die.
- A smaller circle was cut from Basic White cardstock with the Layering Circles Die and stamped with the greeting, the flowers and leaves in Memento Black Ink. The flower color is Highland Heather Ink and the leaves are stamped off Pear Pizzazz Ink.
- The circles were adhered together and added to the top of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals, making sure not to go over 4-1/4 wide so it fits in a regular envelope.
- A trio of dark purple Pastel Pearls were added to the background and flower.
See…told you that the DSP is the star of the show! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Our next online class collection from the NEW Annual Catalog is the beautiful ARTISTICALLY INKED COLLECTION! Oh my word...have you seen this suite? The artistic images in this set give a unique watercolor look to backgrounds, flowers and leaves! And the metallic gold in the DSP is a perfect touch of bling! We've used ARTISTICALLY INKED STAMP SET, ARTISTIC DIES with the coordinating EXPRESSIONS IN INK DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a keepsake 3D project tutorial you will love! See more details here!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR