This week’s blog hop theme is our “Favorite Designer Paper” in the Jan-June Mini Catalog! One thing that Stampin’ Up! does VERY well is their designer paper. They are SO gorgeous you almost hate to use it! But this week we are featuring our favorite (if we can pick just ONE!). I’ve been saving these couple sheets of DSP in Hydrangea Haven because I knew they would need to be the focal point of the card, so today’s blog hop challenge was a perfect time to cut it up!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 7-1/2 Highland Heather cardstock, scored at 3-3/4 and folded.
- The Hydrangea Hill DSP was cut to 3-1/2 x 5-1/4 using the bottom border print and added to the front.
- A scallop circle was cut from Gorgeous Grape cardstock with the Layering Circles Die.
- A smaller circle was cut from Basic White cardstock with the Layering Circles Die and stamped with the greeting, the flowers and leaves in Memento Black Ink. The flower color is Highland Heather Ink and the leaves are stamped off Pear Pizzazz Ink.
- The circles were adhered together and added to the top of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals, making sure not to go over 4-1/4 wide so it fits in a regular envelope.
- A trio of dark purple Pastel Pearls were added to the background and flower.
See…told you that the DSP is the star of the show! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM