This week’s blog hop theme is our “Favorite Designer Paper” in the Jan-June Mini Catalog! One thing that Stampin’ Up! does VERY well is their designer paper. They are SO gorgeous you almost hate to use it! But this week we are featuring our favorite (if we can pick just ONE!). I’ve been saving these couple sheets of DSP in Hydrangea Haven because I knew they would need to be the focal point of the card, so today’s blog hop challenge was a perfect time to cut it up!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 7-1/2 Highland Heather cardstock, scored at 3-3/4 and folded.
- The Hydrangea Hill DSP was cut to 3-1/2 x 5-1/4 using the bottom border print and added to the front.
- A scallop circle was cut from Gorgeous Grape cardstock with the Layering Circles Die.
- A smaller circle was cut from Basic White cardstock with the Layering Circles Die and stamped with the greeting, the flowers and leaves in Memento Black Ink. The flower color is Highland Heather Ink and the leaves are stamped off Pear Pizzazz Ink.
- The circles were adhered together and added to the top of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals, making sure not to go over 4-1/4 wide so it fits in a regular envelope.
- A trio of dark purple Pastel Pearls were added to the background and flower.
See…told you that the DSP is the star of the show! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We all know that dogs are a person's best friend and Stampin' Up!'s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!
The classically beautiful Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flowers Dies is next up in our collection of tutorials. From buds to blossoms, beautiful floral silhouettes and accent pieces allow you to range from simple to elegant! Six all-occasion greetings will complete the timeless look. Our Cottage Rose Collection has SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flower Dies with the new Abigail Rose Designer Paper and some bright colors in this Collection for a fresh look! See more details HERE!