This week’s blog hop theme is our “Favorite Designer Paper” in the Jan-June Mini Catalog! One thing that Stampin’ Up! does VERY well is their designer paper. They are SO gorgeous you almost hate to use it! But this week we are featuring our favorite (if we can pick just ONE!). I’ve been saving these couple sheets of DSP in Hydrangea Haven because I knew they would need to be the focal point of the card, so today’s blog hop challenge was a perfect time to cut it up!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 7-1/2 Highland Heather cardstock, scored at 3-3/4 and folded.
- The Hydrangea Hill DSP was cut to 3-1/2 x 5-1/4 using the bottom border print and added to the front.
- A scallop circle was cut from Gorgeous Grape cardstock with the Layering Circles Die.
- A smaller circle was cut from Basic White cardstock with the Layering Circles Die and stamped with the greeting, the flowers and leaves in Memento Black Ink. The flower color is Highland Heather Ink and the leaves are stamped off Pear Pizzazz Ink.
- The circles were adhered together and added to the top of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals, making sure not to go over 4-1/4 wide so it fits in a regular envelope.
- A trio of dark purple Pastel Pearls were added to the background and flower.
See…told you that the DSP is the star of the show! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream! And, of course, popsicles, too! For our latest Collection of tutorials, we are using the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set and Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch! You'll get SIX unique tutorials that include four cards (one a special fold), a treat box and a special 3D favor! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FLOWERING CACTUS PRODUCT MEDLEY is a GREAT value and everywhere you look, cacti are featured as part of home décor! We loved the whimsical cactus images and "punny" greetings in the stamp set, so just had to use it for our next Collection! The Flowering Cactus Product Medley kit comes with stamps, dies, designer paper, felt flowers, and two colors of linen thread, everything you need to make it EASY to create! You'll get FOUR unique tutorials that include three cards (one a special fold), and a fun organizing project! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: SW7NGG27