Welcome back everyone!!! This Christmas and New Year’s was definitely “one for the books”. The pictures from the SMALL gathering we had will be fun to look back and see us with masks and social distancing! We were lucky that the weather cooperated a little with temps in the 50s on the day we got together. The garage was quite comfortable with heaters and blankets so we all felt comfortable gathering to open gifts. Hope you enjoyed the holidays even though they might have been different.
FRIENDS ARE LIKE SEASHELLS
This week’s blog hop theme is “Favorite New Mini Catalog Stamp Set”. This was a HARD choice for me! There are quite a few that I really love! But since we just purchased a new home in Florida last year, I had to get the Friends are Like Seashells suite of products. I’m SO happy that the Metallic Mesh carried over…it is perfect for a “fishing net” look!
- The base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 So Saffron cardstock, score at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Misty Moonlight cardstock is embossed with the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Sand & Sea Designer Paper was added down the right side. Then a 1-1/2 x 4 piece across towards the bottom.
- A couple 5″ pieces of Metallic Mesh were added to the background.
- The large shell from Friends are Like Seashells was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on Basic White cardstock and the “fill” image with Crumb Cake Ink randomly. It was cut with the large background Seaside Seashells die and popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The starfish was stamped with Crumb Cake Ink on So Saffron cardstock and cut with the die, then popped up on front.
- The sand dollar was stamped with Blushing Bride Ink on Blushing Bride cardstock, cut with the die, and popped up on the front.
- Wishing you greeting from Friends are Like Seashells stamp set is stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on a 1/2 x 3 piece of Basic White cardstock, the end cut at an angle, then adhered on front around the shells.
- A trio of small Opal Rounds were added in the background.
OK…that Metallic Mesh really pulled this card together, don’t you think?
OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We fell in LOVE with the Season's Blessings Bundle (especially the baskets!) and couldn't wait to do a set of SEASONAL cards with it! In this Collection, you'll get EIGHT card ideas...two for each season...spring, summer, fall and winter! You'll be ready to go for ANY occasion! We've paired the SEASONAL BLESSINGS STAMP SET and SEASONAL BASKET DIES with TIDINGS OF CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER. See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s IN SYMMETRY PUNCH BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog has a sweet retro feel with several flower shapes, stems and greetings that you can mix and match to create even more fun and flirty flowers. Add in the fun matching designer paper and you have a winner! We've used the IN SYMMETRY STAMP SET and SYMMETRICAL STEMS BORDER PUNCH with the coordinating SWEET SYMMETRY DESIGNER PAPER in this cards-only Collection! You'll get SIX unique card tutorials featuring these fun products! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: PHW7X7A6