Welcome back everyone!!! This Christmas and New Year’s was definitely “one for the books”. The pictures from the SMALL gathering we had will be fun to look back and see us with masks and social distancing! We were lucky that the weather cooperated a little with temps in the 50s on the day we got together. The garage was quite comfortable with heaters and blankets so we all felt comfortable gathering to open gifts. Hope you enjoyed the holidays even though they might have been different.
FRIENDS ARE LIKE SEASHELLS
This week’s blog hop theme is “Favorite New Mini Catalog Stamp Set”. This was a HARD choice for me! There are quite a few that I really love! But since we just purchased a new home in Florida last year, I had to get the Friends are Like Seashells suite of products. I’m SO happy that the Metallic Mesh carried over…it is perfect for a “fishing net” look!
- The base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 So Saffron cardstock, score at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Misty Moonlight cardstock is embossed with the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Sand & Sea Designer Paper was added down the right side. Then a 1-1/2 x 4 piece across towards the bottom.
- A couple 5″ pieces of Metallic Mesh were added to the background.
- The large shell from Friends are Like Seashells was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on Basic White cardstock and the “fill” image with Crumb Cake Ink randomly. It was cut with the large background Seaside Seashells die and popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The starfish was stamped with Crumb Cake Ink on So Saffron cardstock and cut with the die, then popped up on front.
- The sand dollar was stamped with Blushing Bride Ink on Blushing Bride cardstock, cut with the die, and popped up on the front.
- Wishing you greeting from Friends are Like Seashells stamp set is stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on a 1/2 x 3 piece of Basic White cardstock, the end cut at an angle, then adhered on front around the shells.
- A trio of small Opal Rounds were added in the background.
OK…that Metallic Mesh really pulled this card together, don’t you think?
OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: YCV2ZW6S
Stampin' Up!'s FROSTED GINGERBREAD BUNDLE is just the sweetest! The larger images can be used to make yummy iced gingerbread paper cookies or elegant ornaments and snowflakes! Use the dies to cut out images directly from the Designer Paper, too! We've used the FROSTED GINGERBREAD STAMP SET and GINGERBREAD DIES, along with the GINGERBREAD AND PEPPERMINTS DESIGNER PAPER for our next Collection featuring THREE card tutorials (one a special fold) and a great gift idea for the holidays! See more details here!
We are making the season wintry and festive with our new MERRY SNOWFLAKES COLLECTION! The Merry Snowflakes stamp set has beautiful snowflakes and greetings for the front and inside, plus the Stitched Snowflake Dies are full of embossing and stitching details! This Merry Snowflakes Collection is combined with the Gold & Rose Gold Metallic Specialty Paper to make your season sparkle! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a useful holiday project tutorial you can easily adapt for other occasions! See more details here!