This week’s Create with Connie and Mary blog hop theme is “Goodbye Sale-A-Bration”. Less than two weeks to take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration bonus! Such a bargain…and I love that they are offering it TWICE a year now!
PENGUIN PLAYMATES DESIGNER PAPER
I had a HARD time choosing what was my favorite SAB product this time! I love the Delicate Dahlias, but just used them a couple weeks ago. So, I went with the Penguin Playmates Designer Paper as my favorite. The little critters in this paper are SOOO cute and fun to cut out on their own! This polar bear is especially darling…and this snowflake DSP will be used on my Christmas cards this year! I combined him with the Christmas Tree Dies in the Mini Catalog!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Fresh Freesia cardstock was embossed with the Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder.
- A 1 x 3-1/2 piece of Basic White was cut on a curve for the snowbank and added to the bottom of a 3-1/2 x 4-1/4 piece of snowflake pattern in the Penguin Playmates DSP.
- The polar bear from Penguin Playmates DSP was hand-cut and added to the snowbank with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The tree from Christmas Tree Dies was cut once from Basic White and once from Shaded Spruce and the pieces intermixed so it looks like snow on top of the greenery. (And I can use the other pieces on another card!) It was added to the front behind the bear with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two of the smaller trees in the Christmas Tree Dies were cut from Shaded Spruce cardstock and added in the background with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Season’s Greetings from Penguin Place Stamp Set was stamped with Shaded Spruce Ink on scrap Basic White cardstock and punched with the smaller oval in the Double Oval Punch.
- Two dark green Holiday Rhinestones were added next to the greeting.
I’m in LOVE with this card!!! I’ve stocked up on that DSP…it is just SO cute! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: YCV2ZW6S
Stampin' Up!'s FROSTED GINGERBREAD BUNDLE is just the sweetest! The larger images can be used to make yummy iced gingerbread paper cookies or elegant ornaments and snowflakes! Use the dies to cut out images directly from the Designer Paper, too! We've used the FROSTED GINGERBREAD STAMP SET and GINGERBREAD DIES, along with the GINGERBREAD AND PEPPERMINTS DESIGNER PAPER for our next Collection featuring THREE card tutorials (one a special fold) and a great gift idea for the holidays! See more details here!
We are making the season wintry and festive with our new MERRY SNOWFLAKES COLLECTION! The Merry Snowflakes stamp set has beautiful snowflakes and greetings for the front and inside, plus the Stitched Snowflake Dies are full of embossing and stitching details! This Merry Snowflakes Collection is combined with the Gold & Rose Gold Metallic Specialty Paper to make your season sparkle! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a useful holiday project tutorial you can easily adapt for other occasions! See more details here!