Happy Saturday! This week our CCM Design Team is showing the “Hot Days of Summer” for our Saturday Blog Hop! This will be interesting to see how our Design Team interprets this theme! I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to make at first! But, I have some summer watermelon decorations on my entrance table and that reminded me of Stampin’ Up!’s Cute Fruit stamp set in the Beginner catalog! Watermelon is perfect to eat in the summer when it is hot!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 2-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Seaside Spray cardstock was embossed with the Greenery Embossing Folder and added down the center.
- Two 1 x 5-1/4 pieces of Plaid Tidings (in the Aug-Dec catalog) were added on the sides. I think this plaid had perfect colors for summer!
- A 3/4 x 4 piece of Basic Black cardstock was added across the front.
- The Tasteful Label was cut from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the Cute Fruit greeting in Memento Black Ink.
- Two watermelons were stamped with Melon Mambo and Granny Apple Green Ink on Whisper White cardstock and hand-cut. The seeds were colored with a Basic Black Marker. The entire melon center was covered with Wink of Stella to make them look juicy. They were added to the label with Stampin’ Dimensionals and placed on the front with more Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Artistry Blooms Sequins were added to the front for a little bling.
Not sure why the color of the watermelons look so red…they really are a perfect match to the Melon Mambo in real life! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
For our Friends are Like Seashells Collection, we've made FOUR cards (one a fun fold), a small favor and a 3D project that are perfect for your stamp camps and classes! This bundle has a coordinating 3D Embossing Folder that can be used with the large die for a stamp, emboss and cut combo that has so much texture, they almost look real! See more details HERE!
Next up for us to feature is the LOTS OF HEART Stamp Set and MANY HEARTS Dies! Even with all the hearts, this bundle is more than just a Valentine set! For this Lots of Heart Collection, we've made FOUR cards and TWO small favors, perfect to give someone you love or as a little thank you! We've paired this bundle with the cute and colorful Snail Mail Designer Paper and accessories. See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DFQD4KKC