Wow! Another Saturday has rolled around! This month on Create with Connie and Mary blog hops, we are featuring “empowerment words”. Every Saturday we will have a new word that hopefully inspires the card we make. This week’s Saturday Blog Hop word is “Imagine”, maybe using a stamp set in a different way? Thinking out of the box! So, here’s what I did with the new stamp set and punch bundle, Under My Umbrella!
UNDER MY UMBRELLA
I had fun making punch art butterflies out of the umbrella tops and the bodies from the umbrella handle! The small prints in the Birthday Bonanza Designer Paper worked perfectly! Also, lots of other NEW products on here…can you spot them?
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 5-1/4 layer of Pool Party cardstock was embossed with the Stone Embossing Folder (I LOVE that folder…it is bundled with the Power of Hope stamp set for FREE with a $100 purchase).
- A 1 x 5-1/4 strip of Birthday Bonanza Designer Paper was added on the left side.
- The larger umbrella image was stamped twice with Memento Black Ink on the Calypso Coral print DSP and the smaller umbrella stamped twice on the Pool Party Print, then punched with the Umbrella Builder Punch.
- The handle was punched four times from Early Espresso cardstock.
- The two butterflies were assembled and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the bodies with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- The “sun” was punched with the 1-1/2 Circle Punch from Pineapple Punch cardstock, stamped with Hello Sunshine from Under My Umbrella stamp set with Memento Black Ink, and added on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Metallic Baker’s Twine (another FREE Sale-a-Bration with $50 purchase) was tied in a bow and added to the bodies with Mini Glue Dots.
- A trio of Sequins from the SAB Twine/Sequin package were added in the background.
I am SO happy with how this turned out and feel I really used the power word “imagine”, don’t you? OK…next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card! See what everyone did with this challenge!
Next up in our Christmas Collections we featured the Gnome for the Holidays stamp set with the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper for a warm holiday feel! Our GNOME FOR THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION has THREE cards (one a special fold card), and a darling home décor item perfect for a small gift! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s new CURVY CELEBRATIONS SUITE is an early release of the QUITE CURVY STAMP SET AND CURVY DIES that will be in the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. We've combined it with the coordinating Christmas stamp set, CURVY CHRISTMAS and CLASSIC CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: F6P9Q2NK