This week’s blog hop theme is Masculine Cards! We ALL need ideas for the men in our lives, don’t we? At least, I know I do! I pulled out my Friends are Like Seashells Bundle along with some masculine colors for my card! Do you recognize the layout? I used it on my Darling Donkeys card a couple weeks ago!
FRIENDS ARE LIKE SEASHELLS
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Basic White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Oh So Ombre Designer Paper (last chance for free SAB item!), added to the base.
- A 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of Misty Moonlight was added on top of the DSP,
- A 1/2 x 5-1/2 strip of Smoky Slate was adhere across the front.
- The Friends are like Seashells were stamped with Misty Moonlight, Bermuda Bay and Smoky Slate Inks, then cut with the Seaside Seashells Dies and embossed with the Seashells Embossing Folder. (You do need to trim around the shells a little when using that big die.) I also embossed the sand dollar by rubbing my stylus across the back on the inked areas.
- The large Whelk Shell was colored with the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Time to Celebrate greeting from Itty Bitty Birthdays was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on a 1/2 x 2-1/2 strip of Basic White cardstock, cut the end at an angle and added it above the Smoky Slate Strip.
- A trio of blue Adhesive Sequins were added in the background.
OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Our popular TECHNIQUES Collection is back with SIX new techniques for cards! We are featuring the upcoming BLESSINGS OF HOME STAMP SET and FLOWERS OF HOME DIES (available for demos to preorder now and customers on January 3) along with the techniques. These flower images are so pretty to color or leave monochromatic for a vintage look! We've also paired the Bundle with the HEART & HOME DESIGNER PAPER on our SIX technique card tutorials. See more details here!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!