Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week we are pulling out our “Neglected” stamp items! You know…those ones you bought LAST year and haven’t used since and now they are retiring? This It Starts With Art bundle I used a lot when it first came out, but haven’t used it since. Thought it was time to do one last hurrah before it retires next month! It will probably stay in my arsenal of stamps, because it is so perfect for a stamper, right? I also haven’t used the Pigment Sprinkles except for a couple times!
IT STARTS WITH ART
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Granny Apple Green cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Bermuda Bay cardstock.
- A 2-1/2 x 3-7/8 piece of Whisper White was spritzed with water and then sprinkled with the Pigment Inks (also retiring…boo!). After dried, it was embossed with the Absolutely Argyle Embossing Folder and added to a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- The greeting was stamped with Bermuda Bay Ink in the lower left corner.
- The marker pens were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with Granny Apple Green Combo, Bermuda Bay Combo and Smoky Slate Combo Stampin’ Blends. They were cut with the Arts & Crafts Dies and added to the front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Strips of Granny Apple Green and Bermuda Bay cardstock were cut with the ribbon die in Arts & Crafts Dies, then added to the front under the tip of the marker.
- A trio of Glitter Dots were added to the background for a little bling!
LOVE the colors on this card…and it is definitely fun! Glad I pulled out this bundle to use! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Our popular TECHNIQUES Collection is back with SIX new techniques for cards! We are featuring the upcoming BLESSINGS OF HOME STAMP SET and FLOWERS OF HOME DIES (available for demos to preorder now and customers on January 3) along with the techniques. These flower images are so pretty to color or leave monochromatic for a vintage look! We've also paired the Bundle with the HEART & HOME DESIGNER PAPER on our SIX technique card tutorials. See more details here!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!