Happy New Year everyone! It is the start of new beginnings, isn’t it? I wish for you a lovely year!
We are starting off the new year with the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop featuring “New Beginnings”…cards that use products from the January-June Mini Catalog! How appropriate! I had to pull out the Hello Ladybug Stamp Set and punch for this card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Real Red cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake was stamped with the circle from Watercolor Shapes in Real Red Ink randomly in the background.
- A 2-3/4 x 4 piece of Sweet Talk Designer Paper was added towards the right side.
- A 1 x 4 strip of Real Red cardstock was added on top, then a 1/8 x 4 strip of Basic Black on top of it!
- The ladybug body was stamped with Memento Black Ink and the wings with Real Red Ink, the spots with Memento Black Ink on Basic White cardstock. It was punched with the Ladybug Builder Punch.
- The leaf was stamped with Granny Apple Green Ink on Basic White cardstock and hand-cut, then added on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ladybug was added to the leaf with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Hello was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a 1/4 x 1-1/2 strip of Basic White and cut with a flag end. It was tucked under the leaf and over the Basic Black strip.
- A Red Rhinestone was added to the leaf.
I also made up some gifts for a few stamping friends and downline using the same idea/layout and covered one of our stamping cases. Inside I filled with a Simply Shammy and wrapped up in a cello bag with a Christmas tag and ribbon. They can keep this stamp cleaner on their stamping desk all year round!
That new ladybug set is SO much fun to use with the punch! Makes it very easy to create! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!