This week’s blog hop theme is “Non-Traditional Valentine Colors”, no red or pink. Hmmm, this was a little more challenging than I thought it would be since I already used my yellow and blue Valentine earlier this month! But, I remember thinking that the cactus in Flowering Cactus stamp set looked like a heart, so I went with this card and used green!
- The base 4-1/4 x 11 of Pear Pizzazz cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White cardstock, a 2 x 5 piece of Flowering Cactus Designer Paper was added down the right side (do you see all the hearts???)
- A 3 x 3-1/2 piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock was added on top.
- Then a 2 x 3-1/4 piece of Whisper White was stamped with the Happy Heart Day greeting from Arrange a Wreath in Memento Black Ink in the upper left corner.
- The heart cactus was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on Basic White cardstock and cut with the Flowering Cactus Dies. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The purple flowers were cut from the Designer Paper with the Flowering Cactus Dies and added to the cactus on front.
- Two white Resin Hearts were added to the background.
OK…now isn’t that a different color for a Valentine card? I think so! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
It's Christmas in July!!! (Well...almost!) We wanted to give you a jump start on planning your Christmas in July classes or holiday projects by introducing our TREES FOR SALE COLLECTION now! We've combined the July-December Mini Catalog's TREES FOR SALE STAMP SET with the awesome Sale-A-Bration TREE LOT DIES that are available as your FREE option with purchase in July and August! You'll love the whimsical selection of tree images, and the darling retro camper dies with fun accessories! Our TREES FOR SALE COLLECTION has EIGHT card designs...including two easy fun folds that you are going to love! We've paired the Trees for Sale and Tree Lot Dies with the new Sweetest Christmas Designer Paper in this Collection for a traditional warm Christmas look! See more details HERE!
Stay cool and hydrated this summer by creating with Stampin' Up!'s fun new HIPPEST HIPPOS SALE-A-BRATION STAMP SET and coordinating SALE-A-BRATION HIPPO DIES! Each are FREE with qualifying Stampin' Up! purchase! These chubby characters will steal your heart with their fun antics in the water and out! Match the hippos with whimsical greetings to send off a little cheer. Our HIPPEST HIPPOS COLLECTION has THREE card designs (one an interactive card) and a cute gift card project for a total of FOUR project tutorials! We've paired the Hippest Hippos Bundle with the new Design a Daydream Host Only Designer Paper in this Collection for some stinkin' cute results! See more details here!