This week’s blog hop theme is “Non-Traditional Valentine Colors”, no red or pink. Hmmm, this was a little more challenging than I thought it would be since I already used my yellow and blue Valentine earlier this month! But, I remember thinking that the cactus in Flowering Cactus stamp set looked like a heart, so I went with this card and used green!
- The base 4-1/4 x 11 of Pear Pizzazz cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White cardstock, a 2 x 5 piece of Flowering Cactus Designer Paper was added down the right side (do you see all the hearts???)
- A 3 x 3-1/2 piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock was added on top.
- Then a 2 x 3-1/4 piece of Whisper White was stamped with the Happy Heart Day greeting from Arrange a Wreath in Memento Black Ink in the upper left corner.
- The heart cactus was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on Basic White cardstock and cut with the Flowering Cactus Dies. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The purple flowers were cut from the Designer Paper with the Flowering Cactus Dies and added to the cactus on front.
- Two white Resin Hearts were added to the background.
OK…now isn’t that a different color for a Valentine card? I think so! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Make someone HAPPY by sharing one of the projects from our next Collection using the RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS STAMP SET and BRILLIANT RAINBOW DIES! Use the stamps and/or dies to create rainbows in your favorite colors! Mix and match the hearts, raindrops, clouds and texture images with the greetings! We've combined this RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS Bundle with the SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS COLLECTION has SIX projects - FOUR step-by-step card tutorials AND two 3D treat favors that will be perfect to share! See more details HERE!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!