This week’s blog hop theme is “Non-Traditional Valentine Colors”, no red or pink. Hmmm, this was a little more challenging than I thought it would be since I already used my yellow and blue Valentine earlier this month! But, I remember thinking that the cactus in Flowering Cactus stamp set looked like a heart, so I went with this card and used green!
- The base 4-1/4 x 11 of Pear Pizzazz cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White cardstock, a 2 x 5 piece of Flowering Cactus Designer Paper was added down the right side (do you see all the hearts???)
- A 3 x 3-1/2 piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock was added on top.
- Then a 2 x 3-1/4 piece of Whisper White was stamped with the Happy Heart Day greeting from Arrange a Wreath in Memento Black Ink in the upper left corner.
- The heart cactus was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on Basic White cardstock and cut with the Flowering Cactus Dies. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The purple flowers were cut from the Designer Paper with the Flowering Cactus Dies and added to the cactus on front.
- Two white Resin Hearts were added to the background.
OK…now isn’t that a different color for a Valentine card? I think so! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Wow! Have you noticed Stampin' Up!'s PLENTIFUL PLANTS BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog? So many fun plants and containers to mix and match, plus there is a macramé hanger in it! We've used the PLENTIFUL PLANTS STAMP SET AND PERFECT PLANTS DIES with the coordinating BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a cute little container idea to make for yourself or give as a little gift! More details here!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR