This week’s blog hop theme is “Non-Traditional Valentine Colors”, no red or pink. Hmmm, this was a little more challenging than I thought it would be since I already used my yellow and blue Valentine earlier this month! But, I remember thinking that the cactus in Flowering Cactus stamp set looked like a heart, so I went with this card and used green!
- The base 4-1/4 x 11 of Pear Pizzazz cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White cardstock, a 2 x 5 piece of Flowering Cactus Designer Paper was added down the right side (do you see all the hearts???)
- A 3 x 3-1/2 piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock was added on top.
- Then a 2 x 3-1/4 piece of Whisper White was stamped with the Happy Heart Day greeting from Arrange a Wreath in Memento Black Ink in the upper left corner.
- The heart cactus was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on Basic White cardstock and cut with the Flowering Cactus Dies. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The purple flowers were cut from the Designer Paper with the Flowering Cactus Dies and added to the cactus on front.
- Two white Resin Hearts were added to the background.
OK…now isn’t that a different color for a Valentine card? I think so! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM