Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is One Layer Cards…meaning, the images are stamped directly on the base…no extras!
In my opinion, these are some of the HARDEST type of cards to make! Even more than special folds! I don’t seem to know when to “stop” and want to fill in every space. So, this card is very minimalist for me! But, I did create with a little interest by scoring a couple lines across the bottom and filling in with a Black Marker.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- Across the front at 10 and 10-1/8, two lines were scored, then filled with a Black Maraker.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink off center.
- The large flowers were stamped first with Highland Heather Ink, then the solid leaves with Granny Apple Green. The star flowers were stamped with Coastal Cabana, and the smallest flower with Daffodil Delight.
- Two purple Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added to the center of the purple flowers and a trio of green Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added in the background.
So, what do you think? Did I succeed? I’ll tell you it took me FOUR tries to get the spacing I liked! lol! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous One Layer card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Could the Snail Mail Suite of products be ANY cuter? Look at those little faces and those Resin Hearts...oh my! We are using the Snailed It Stamp Set and Snail Dies for our next Collection of tutorials! For this Snailed It Collection, we've made three cards (one a fun fold), and an absolutely FUN and unique favor box that is perfect for your stamp camps and classes! You'll want to make several to give away! See more details here!
For our Friends are Like Seashells Collection, we've made FOUR cards (one a fun fold), a small favor and a 3D project that are perfect for your stamp camps and classes! This bundle has a coordinating 3D Embossing Folder that can be used with the large die for a stamp, emboss and cut combo that has so much texture, they almost look real! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DFQD4KKC