Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is One Layer Cards…meaning, the images are stamped directly on the base…no extras!
In my opinion, these are some of the HARDEST type of cards to make! Even more than special folds! I don’t seem to know when to “stop” and want to fill in every space. So, this card is very minimalist for me! But, I did create with a little interest by scoring a couple lines across the bottom and filling in with a Black Marker.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- Across the front at 10 and 10-1/8, two lines were scored, then filled with a Black Maraker.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink off center.
- The large flowers were stamped first with Highland Heather Ink, then the solid leaves with Granny Apple Green. The star flowers were stamped with Coastal Cabana, and the smallest flower with Daffodil Delight.
- Two purple Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added to the center of the purple flowers and a trio of green Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added in the background.
So, what do you think? Did I succeed? I’ll tell you it took me FOUR tries to get the spacing I liked! lol! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous One Layer card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We fell in LOVE with the Season's Blessings Bundle (especially the baskets!) and couldn't wait to do a set of SEASONAL cards with it! In this Collection, you'll get EIGHT card ideas...two for each season...spring, summer, fall and winter! You'll be ready to go for ANY occasion! We've paired the SEASONAL BLESSINGS STAMP SET and SEASONAL BASKET DIES with TIDINGS OF CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER. See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s IN SYMMETRY PUNCH BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog has a sweet retro feel with several flower shapes, stems and greetings that you can mix and match to create even more fun and flirty flowers. Add in the fun matching designer paper and you have a winner! We've used the IN SYMMETRY STAMP SET and SYMMETRICAL STEMS BORDER PUNCH with the coordinating SWEET SYMMETRY DESIGNER PAPER in this cards-only Collection! You'll get SIX unique card tutorials featuring these fun products! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: PHW7X7A6