Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is One Layer Cards…meaning, the images are stamped directly on the base…no extras!
In my opinion, these are some of the HARDEST type of cards to make! Even more than special folds! I don’t seem to know when to “stop” and want to fill in every space. So, this card is very minimalist for me! But, I did create with a little interest by scoring a couple lines across the bottom and filling in with a Black Marker.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- Across the front at 10 and 10-1/8, two lines were scored, then filled with a Black Maraker.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink off center.
- The large flowers were stamped first with Highland Heather Ink, then the solid leaves with Granny Apple Green. The star flowers were stamped with Coastal Cabana, and the smallest flower with Daffodil Delight.
- Two purple Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added to the center of the purple flowers and a trio of green Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added in the background.
So, what do you think? Did I succeed? I’ll tell you it took me FOUR tries to get the spacing I liked! lol! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous One Layer card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
For our CELEBRATION TIDINGS COLLECTION we've done something other than bag toppers! Our Collection has FOUR cards, a GIFT CARD holder and a fun SWEET TREAT HOLDER for a total of SIX tutorials! These tutorials are easy enough for in-person or online classes! ALL SIX tutorials using the CELEBRATION TIDINGS BUNDLE and Plaid Tidings Designer Paper are BRAND NEW and have step-by-step directions. SEE MORE DETAILS HERE!
From sweet to just a little bit spooky...the HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC BUNDLE is a great Halloween set. The labels in the Halloween Magic Dies can be used for more than Halloween...they are a wonderful shape! We've paired this bundle with the coordinating Magic in the Night Suite of products! Our HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC COLLECTION has TWO card tutorials and TWO home decor/favor tutorials. See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: YR927SKF