Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is One Layer Cards…meaning, the images are stamped directly on the base…no extras!
In my opinion, these are some of the HARDEST type of cards to make! Even more than special folds! I don’t seem to know when to “stop” and want to fill in every space. So, this card is very minimalist for me! But, I did create with a little interest by scoring a couple lines across the bottom and filling in with a Black Marker.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- Across the front at 10 and 10-1/8, two lines were scored, then filled with a Black Maraker.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink off center.
- The large flowers were stamped first with Highland Heather Ink, then the solid leaves with Granny Apple Green. The star flowers were stamped with Coastal Cabana, and the smallest flower with Daffodil Delight.
- Two purple Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added to the center of the purple flowers and a trio of green Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added in the background.
So, what do you think? Did I succeed? I’ll tell you it took me FOUR tries to get the spacing I liked! lol! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous One Layer card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
The NEW Annual Catalog is here and we are SO excited with all the FUN new things it offers! Nothing can make you smile more than seeing a garden full of colorful pansies, so for our first Collection we just couldn't resist the gorgeous Pansy Patch Bundle. We know you'll love the embossed Pansy Dies that enhance the detailed Pansy Patch stamp set. Plus, it has some beautiful font greetings! We've used PANSY PATCH BUNDLE with the PANSY PETALS DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful Collection with four card ideas and two gift packaging ideas! See more details HERE!
While we anxiously wait for the new Annual Catalog, do you want a perfect QUICK & EASY Product Class idea that features a couple retiring items? Or, do you often need a little gift box in a hurry? Have your customers (or you!) purchase the Perfect Parcel Dies (clearance for $14) and Flowers for Every Season Designer Paper (clearance for $6.90). You'll get four different box ideas (two are uniquely altered!) using this colorful and seasonal Collection and will have a TON of designer paper left to make more! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DK7E6VQ6