Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is One Layer Cards…meaning, the images are stamped directly on the base…no extras!
In my opinion, these are some of the HARDEST type of cards to make! Even more than special folds! I don’t seem to know when to “stop” and want to fill in every space. So, this card is very minimalist for me! But, I did create with a little interest by scoring a couple lines across the bottom and filling in with a Black Marker.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- Across the front at 10 and 10-1/8, two lines were scored, then filled with a Black Maraker.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink off center.
- The large flowers were stamped first with Highland Heather Ink, then the solid leaves with Granny Apple Green. The star flowers were stamped with Coastal Cabana, and the smallest flower with Daffodil Delight.
- Two purple Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added to the center of the purple flowers and a trio of green Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added in the background.
So, what do you think? Did I succeed? I’ll tell you it took me FOUR tries to get the spacing I liked! lol! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous One Layer card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: YCV2ZW6S
Stampin' Up! is introducing a special early release product suite from the Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalog called EDEN'S GARDEN! This Eden's Garden Suite is filled with sweet greetings, flourishing foliage images and blooming with garden frames and borders, plus a touch of metallic gold! We've used this upcoming Eden's Garden Stamp Set, Eden Dies and Ever Eden Designer Paper for our next Collection featuring FOUR card tutorials and TWO small favor packaging tutorials! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FROSTED GINGERBREAD BUNDLE is just the sweetest! The larger images can be used to make yummy iced gingerbread paper cookies or elegant ornaments and snowflakes! Use the dies to cut out images directly from the Designer Paper, too! We've used the FROSTED GINGERBREAD STAMP SET and GINGERBREAD DIES, along with the GINGERBREAD AND PEPPERMINTS DESIGNER PAPER for our next Collection featuring THREE card tutorials (one a special fold) and a great gift idea for the holidays! See more details here!