This week’s blog hop theme is Pastel Chalk Techniques (or watercolor pencils if they didn’t have the pastels yet!) I can’t wait to see some ideas for the new Soft Pastels Assortment that Stampin’ Up! has in the catalog. I played around for quite a while…so fun! I finally decided to use this vibrant background, made with the pastels, for today’s blog hop card.
BEAUTY OF FRIENDSHIP
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Basic Gray, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock was colored with layers of Soft Pastels Assortment. I first roughed up the end a little (it has sort of a film on it), then rubbed quite firmly directly onto the cardstock with the end. I used my fingers to blend the colors together…using a different finger for each color so they don’t muddy! (I never said it wasn’t messy! lol!)
- I set the chalks with a Fixative Spray so they didn’t rub off.
- The tree and bird from Beautiful Trees Dies were cut from Basic Black cardstock, then added to the front with Black Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ground is a 1 x 4 piece of Basic Black torn along one edge and added to the bottom.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Basic White cardstock, then cut with the Beautiful Trees Die and added with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Elegant Faceted Gems were added to the background.
Don’t those gems almost look like twinkle stars??? OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge! This is Brenda’s LAST hop with us…we’ll miss her!
Stampin' Up! has outdone themselves with this pretty fall set called Nature's Harvest! It has flowers, leaves, branches and some wonderful greetings and we love the detailed Harvest Dies! For this Collection, we've paired the NATURE'S HARVEST BUNDLE with the coordinating Harvest Meadow Designer Paper for an explosion of muted fall colors and fun designs! You'll get SIX card ideas and TWO easy 3D projects using this gorgeous bundle! That's a total of EIGHT tutorials! See more details here!
Aren't those sheep just the CUTEST? How on earth could you ever resist getting them! We couldn't wait to play with this set and build a card tutorial Collection for you that we know you will love! AND...best of all you can get the stamp set and dies for FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration period! For this Collection, we've paired the COUNTING SHEEP STAMP SET and SHEEP DIES with the Border Basics Dies and Pattern Party Designer Paper for a bright and cheerful look! You'll get SIX card ideas using this fun bundle! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: KWK2ZCM9