Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop! This week our Create with Connie and Mary theme is “Pumpkin Spice Season”. One of my most favorite things about fall is all the Pumpkin Spice products…like Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte’s! Since I don’t consume sugar any more, I haven’t had one in over a year! I’ve had to find a way to make their latte’s at home…I think I do pretty good!
I admit that I’m pretty bummed that Stampin’ Up! retired the coffee set. So, I set out to recreate the look of a Starbuck’s to go cup! I found a template online and used it to trace the pattern on the Come to Gather Designer Paper. Worked out pretty well!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pumpkin Pie cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded to form base card.
- A 3-3/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Early Espresso cardstock was wrapped with the Come to Gather Ribbon across the center, then added to the front.
- The coffee cup template was used to cut the Come to Gather Designer Paper and the top from Whisper White.
- The greeting in Harvest Hellos was stamped with Cajun Craze Ink on the lid, then adhered to the top of the cup.
- A 1-3/4 x 3 piece of Cajun Craze cardstock was added across the middle of the cup, then the sides trimmed off.
- The pumpkin from Harvest Hellos was stamped with Cajun Craze Ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends. It was punched with the Apple Builder Punch. It is popped up on the band with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaf was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Pretty Peacock cardstock and hand-cut, then added to the pumpkin.
- The stem was punched from Early Espresso cardstock and added to the pumpkin with a Mini Glue Dot.
How does that work for Pumpkin Spice Season? I think pretty well! I’m excited to see how the rest of the Design Team interpreted this challenge! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Our next Collection of tutorials features the GORGEOUS Christmas Gleaming Bundle! The Brightly Gleaming Suite of products are striking with their copper accents and the Hammered Metal Embossing Folder goes with everything! We've used the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set and Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack for our tutorial Collection of three cards (one a special fun fold) and a extremely useful 3D project that would be fun as it's own class! See more details HERE!