Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop! This week our Create with Connie and Mary theme is “Pumpkin Spice Season”. One of my most favorite things about fall is all the Pumpkin Spice products…like Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte’s! Since I don’t consume sugar any more, I haven’t had one in over a year! I’ve had to find a way to make their latte’s at home…I think I do pretty good!
I admit that I’m pretty bummed that Stampin’ Up! retired the coffee set. So, I set out to recreate the look of a Starbuck’s to go cup! I found a template online and used it to trace the pattern on the Come to Gather Designer Paper. Worked out pretty well!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pumpkin Pie cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded to form base card.
- A 3-3/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Early Espresso cardstock was wrapped with the Come to Gather Ribbon across the center, then added to the front.
- The coffee cup template was used to cut the Come to Gather Designer Paper and the top from Whisper White.
- The greeting in Harvest Hellos was stamped with Cajun Craze Ink on the lid, then adhered to the top of the cup.
- A 1-3/4 x 3 piece of Cajun Craze cardstock was added across the middle of the cup, then the sides trimmed off.
- The pumpkin from Harvest Hellos was stamped with Cajun Craze Ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends. It was punched with the Apple Builder Punch. It is popped up on the band with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaf was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Pretty Peacock cardstock and hand-cut, then added to the pumpkin.
- The stem was punched from Early Espresso cardstock and added to the pumpkin with a Mini Glue Dot.
How does that work for Pumpkin Spice Season? I think pretty well! I’m excited to see how the rest of the Design Team interpreted this challenge! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM