Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop! We are continuing with the song themes this week with “Purple Rain” by Prince! Enjoy our cards with predominantly purple colors! I pulled out the retiring Dragonfly Dreams stamp set for mine!
- The base is5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On each side, a 3/4 x 5-1/2 strip of Gingham Gala Designer Paper was added.
- On the 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 panel of Whisper White, the speckles from Waterfront Stamp Set were added in the background with Crumb Cake Ink.
- The greeting from Dragonfly Dreams stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- A 1-1/2 x 2-3/4 Rectangle of Basic Black was placed in the background (I used the Stitched Rectangle Framelit, but you can’t even see the stitching!)
- Several loops of Silver Metallic Thread were wrapped in a circle, then added to the rectangle.
- The dragonfly was stamped with Gorgeous Grape Ink on Whisper White and the inside with Highland Heather, it was cut with the Detailed Dragonfly Framelits and added to the rectangle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Glitter Dot was added to the body of the dragonfly and a few scattered in the background.
I love the layout of this card, will need to remember it for future! Now, continue the blog hop to see the Design Team Member’s “Purple Rain” cards this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Our SAILING HOME COLLECTION is now available! What a wonderful nautical set...great for masculine cards or for anyone loving lighthouses and sailboats! With this EXPANDED collection, you'll get step-by-step tutorials for FOUR regular cards, ONE special fold card, plus ONE great home décor idea! That's a total of SIX tutorials! See the details HERE!