This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Sad to See You Go”. We are featuring those products that are retiring and not in the new Annual Catalog! It is always a bittersweet time for me. I love seeing new things, but there really are some favorites that I will miss! I’ve used SEVERAL retiring products on my card. Sweet as a Peach Bundle, You’re A Peach DSP, Hippo & Friends Dies (sob!) and the In Color Jewels!
SWEET AS A PEACH
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 2-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of striped You’re A Peach Designer Paper (retiring) was placed along the left side. Another 2-1/2 x 3-1/4 piece of polka dot DSP was added over top of it.
- The medallion shape from Hippo & Friends Dies (retiring) was cut from Basic White and added to the front towards the left side.
- The peach from Sweet As A Peach stamp set (retiring) was inked with Pale Papaya Ink and sponged with Calypso Coral Ink on Basic White. The peach leaf was stamped with Pear Pizzazz Ink, and the flowers were stamped with Calypso Coral Ink. All were cut with the Peach Dies (retiring), then assembled on the medallion with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two small double leaves were cut from Old Olive with the dies.
- The greeting from Sweet as a Peach was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a 1/2 x 3 piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock and added to the front.
- A trio of dark green In Color Jewels (retiring) were added to the centers of the flowers.
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the stem.
So that is my selection of retiring products for this week’s “sad to see you go” blog hop theme! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: NMTQADBZ
We love Stampin' Up!'s new INKED & TILED STAMP SET AND PUNCH PACK BUNDLE! The stamp images have a botanical print appearance of pressed leaves and flowers! The INKED & TILED PUNCHES can be used with the all-occasion greetings, to punch out the coordinating DSP or for cool tiled backgrounds! You can go soft and neutral or bold and bright as you wish! We featured this INKED & TILED BUNDLE with the new coordinating INKED BOTANICALS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for a classically timeless design! There are step-by-step instructions for EIGHT card projects. See more details HERE!
We went bananas over Stampin' Up!'s new LITTLE MONKEY STAMP SET AND PUNCH and we know you will, too!! The LITTLE MONKEY BUNDLE has tropical elements to create a fun jungle scene! Mix and match the monkeys, punched pieces and cute greetings for adorable cards and projects. Have them hanging from trees or vines while snacking on their favorite bananas! We featured this LITTLE MONKEY BUNDLE with the new REGALS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for some whimsical fun! There are step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three card ideas (one a fun fold) and gift idea that is more fun than a barrel of monkeys! See more details HERE!
Calling all crafters! Stampin' Up! just introduced a new stamp bundle called CRAFTING WITH YOU that includes something for papercrafters, knitter/crocheters, sewists, painters, needleworkers... whichever hobby you enjoy! It also includes some inspiring greetings! The CRAFTING WITH YOU DIES have some bonus images (including a TRIMMER and SCISSORS! Oh my!), along with dies to cut out the fun stamped images. We featured this CRAFTING WITH YOU BUNDLE with the new BRIGHTS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for some colorful fun! There are step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three card ideas (one a fun fold) and fun desk accessory for you and your customers to enjoy and display! More details here!
Leave a Reply