It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring “Shaped Cards” for their cards this week…not your regular rectangle or squares. This has been a CHALLENGE for me since I’ve been rather rushed getting ready for the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip! It was taking a little more brain power than I had to spare! lol! But here is what I came up with…a shaped wine-bottle card! Yum, yum!
Here are the details:
- I used a wine bottle template that I found HERE to print out the shape. I cut that out then traced it on a 8-1/2 x 11 piece of Old Olive cardstock that is scored at 4-1/4 and folded. The fold line is on the left side of the bottle.
- I stamped a row of daisies on a 1/2 x 4-1/2 piece of Whisper White cardstock, adhered it along the bottom, the trimmed off the sides.
- I cut the largest circle Stitched Shape from Whisper White cardstock, then layered it on the largest scallop Layered Circle of Island Indigo.
- The greeting from Label Me Pretty was stamped with Island Indigo Ink in the upper right corner.
- Another 1-1/4 x 3-1/4 piece of Delightful Daisy Designer Paper was cut with the largest circle Stitched Shape, then adhered to the bottom of the Whisper White one.
- Two daisies from Daisy Delight were stamped with Crushed Curry Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored in the center with a Sponge Dauber, the punched with the Daisy Punch. They were adhered together.
- The center was stamped with Island Indigo Ink on Whisper White and then cut out.
- Three leaves were stamped with Island Indigo on Old Olive cardstock and hand-cut out.
- The circles were placed on the front of the bottle with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then the Daisy and leaves were adhered and the petals curled.
- In the center is a Clear Faceted Gem.
- At the top, I used the template again and cut out the top portion from the same Delightful Daisy Designer Paper, adhered to the top.
- Old Olive Baker’s Twine was wrapped around the top several times, then tied in a bow!
OK…check out what the rest of the Design Team and their Shaped Cards by taking our Saturday Blog Hop! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about signing up for our NEW July Mini Session, then onto Mary Brown, or go backwards to visit Melissa Davies!
- Crafting Forever
- Pocketful of Sunshine Bundle
- Delightful Daisy Bundle
- Wood Words Bundle
- Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle
Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
- Only $8.95 US!