This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Special Fold Cards! This is always a fun week for me…my customers love special fold cards, and I always want new ideas! I’ve been wanting to try this “Corner Fold” card for a while. It is super easy, but fun with the pop-up inside! I’ve used the Honey Bee bundle for this week’s card!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- Using a template measuring 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 and cut at an angle, add to the top left corner, and using Simply Scored to follow the diagonal line with the Scoring Tool.
- Press in score lines, then reverse the fold inside.
- Cut the Honey Bee/Hive print from Golden Honey DSP (FREE SAB!) to 4 x 5-1/4, use the template to cut off the top left corner, then add to front.
- Wrap the Daffodil Delight Crinkled Ribbon around the 1 x 5-1/4 black/gold stripe from Golden Honey DSP and tie a knot, then add to the bottom of the DSP as shown.
- Stamp the bee hive from Honey Bee with Mango Melody Ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Detailed Bee Die. Add to corner as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut the Honey Comb from Detailed Bee Die from Mango Melody cardstock, adhere to a piece of Daffodil Delight, cut around the edges. Add a few of the inside honey comb pieces inside. Tuck under top side of hive with Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown.
- Cut large bee with Detailed Bee Die from Basic Black cardstock, cut small piece of Daffodil Delight to fit under the body. Add to beehive with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Stamp Hello on scrap Whisper White cardstock, cut with So Sweetly Stitched Die. Add to honey comb with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Cut honey comb DSP and Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5-1/4. Use template to cut bottom left of Honey comb DSP and top left of Whisper White pieces. You will need to trim off 1/2″ on left side of small triangle pieces to fit on card.
- Cut another honey comb piece with the Detailed Bee Die from Mango Melody, add to bottom pop-up.
- Stamp three small bees with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, color with Daffodil Delight Marker, cut with Detailed Bee Die. Add to background and honey comb.
- Stamp two bees with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White layer, color with Daffodil Delight Marker.
- Stamp Celebrate Every Moment from Honey Bee with Memento Black Ink on scrap Daffodil Delight cardstock, cut with So Sweetly Stitched Die, add inside.
Isn’t that a FUN pop-up card? LOTS of possibilities with this one! OK…next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous favor! See what everyone did with this challenge!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV