This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Special Fold Cards! This is always a fun week for me…my customers love special fold cards, and I always want new ideas! I’ve been wanting to try this “Corner Fold” card for a while. It is super easy, but fun with the pop-up inside! I’ve used the Honey Bee bundle for this week’s card!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- Using a template measuring 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 and cut at an angle, add to the top left corner, and using Simply Scored to follow the diagonal line with the Scoring Tool.
- Press in score lines, then reverse the fold inside.
- Cut the Honey Bee/Hive print from Golden Honey DSP (FREE SAB!) to 4 x 5-1/4, use the template to cut off the top left corner, then add to front.
- Wrap the Daffodil Delight Crinkled Ribbon around the 1 x 5-1/4 black/gold stripe from Golden Honey DSP and tie a knot, then add to the bottom of the DSP as shown.
- Stamp the bee hive from Honey Bee with Mango Melody Ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Detailed Bee Die. Add to corner as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut the Honey Comb from Detailed Bee Die from Mango Melody cardstock, adhere to a piece of Daffodil Delight, cut around the edges. Add a few of the inside honey comb pieces inside. Tuck under top side of hive with Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown.
- Cut large bee with Detailed Bee Die from Basic Black cardstock, cut small piece of Daffodil Delight to fit under the body. Add to beehive with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Stamp Hello on scrap Whisper White cardstock, cut with So Sweetly Stitched Die. Add to honey comb with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Cut honey comb DSP and Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5-1/4. Use template to cut bottom left of Honey comb DSP and top left of Whisper White pieces. You will need to trim off 1/2″ on left side of small triangle pieces to fit on card.
- Cut another honey comb piece with the Detailed Bee Die from Mango Melody, add to bottom pop-up.
- Stamp three small bees with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, color with Daffodil Delight Marker, cut with Detailed Bee Die. Add to background and honey comb.
- Stamp two bees with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White layer, color with Daffodil Delight Marker.
- Stamp Celebrate Every Moment from Honey Bee with Memento Black Ink on scrap Daffodil Delight cardstock, cut with So Sweetly Stitched Die, add inside.
Isn’t that a FUN pop-up card? LOTS of possibilities with this one! OK…next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous favor! See what everyone did with this challenge!
For our CELEBRATION TIDINGS COLLECTION we've done something other than bag toppers! Our Collection has FOUR cards, a GIFT CARD holder and a fun SWEET TREAT HOLDER for a total of SIX tutorials! These tutorials are easy enough for in-person or online classes! ALL SIX tutorials using the CELEBRATION TIDINGS BUNDLE and Plaid Tidings Designer Paper are BRAND NEW and have step-by-step directions. SEE MORE DETAILS HERE!
From sweet to just a little bit spooky...the HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC BUNDLE is a great Halloween set. The labels in the Halloween Magic Dies can be used for more than Halloween...they are a wonderful shape! We've paired this bundle with the coordinating Magic in the Night Suite of products! Our HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC COLLECTION has TWO card tutorials and TWO home decor/favor tutorials. See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: YR927SKF