This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Special Fold Cards! This is always a fun week for me…my customers love special fold cards, and I always want new ideas! I’ve been wanting to try this “Corner Fold” card for a while. It is super easy, but fun with the pop-up inside! I’ve used the Honey Bee bundle for this week’s card!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- Using a template measuring 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 and cut at an angle, add to the top left corner, and using Simply Scored to follow the diagonal line with the Scoring Tool.
- Press in score lines, then reverse the fold inside.
- Cut the Honey Bee/Hive print from Golden Honey DSP (FREE SAB!) to 4 x 5-1/4, use the template to cut off the top left corner, then add to front.
- Wrap the Daffodil Delight Crinkled Ribbon around the 1 x 5-1/4 black/gold stripe from Golden Honey DSP and tie a knot, then add to the bottom of the DSP as shown.
- Stamp the bee hive from Honey Bee with Mango Melody Ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Detailed Bee Die. Add to corner as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut the Honey Comb from Detailed Bee Die from Mango Melody cardstock, adhere to a piece of Daffodil Delight, cut around the edges. Add a few of the inside honey comb pieces inside. Tuck under top side of hive with Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown.
- Cut large bee with Detailed Bee Die from Basic Black cardstock, cut small piece of Daffodil Delight to fit under the body. Add to beehive with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Stamp Hello on scrap Whisper White cardstock, cut with So Sweetly Stitched Die. Add to honey comb with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Cut honey comb DSP and Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5-1/4. Use template to cut bottom left of Honey comb DSP and top left of Whisper White pieces. You will need to trim off 1/2″ on left side of small triangle pieces to fit on card.
- Cut another honey comb piece with the Detailed Bee Die from Mango Melody, add to bottom pop-up.
- Stamp three small bees with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, color with Daffodil Delight Marker, cut with Detailed Bee Die. Add to background and honey comb.
- Stamp two bees with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White layer, color with Daffodil Delight Marker.
- Stamp Celebrate Every Moment from Honey Bee with Memento Black Ink on scrap Daffodil Delight cardstock, cut with So Sweetly Stitched Die, add inside.
Isn’t that a FUN pop-up card? LOTS of possibilities with this one! OK…next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous favor! See what everyone did with this challenge!
Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream! And, of course, popsicles, too! For our latest Collection of tutorials, we are using the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set and Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch! You'll get SIX unique tutorials that include four cards (one a special fold), a treat box and a special 3D favor! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FLOWERING CACTUS PRODUCT MEDLEY is a GREAT value and everywhere you look, cacti are featured as part of home décor! We loved the whimsical cactus images and "punny" greetings in the stamp set, so just had to use it for our next Collection! The Flowering Cactus Product Medley kit comes with stamps, dies, designer paper, felt flowers, and two colors of linen thread, everything you need to make it EASY to create! You'll get FOUR unique tutorials that include three cards (one a special fold), and a fun organizing project! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: TAEZDWPA