This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Special Fold Cards! This is always a fun week for me…my customers love special fold cards, and I always want new ideas! I’ve been wanting to try this “Corner Fold” card for a while. It is super easy, but fun with the pop-up inside! I’ve used the Honey Bee bundle for this week’s card!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- Using a template measuring 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 and cut at an angle, add to the top left corner, and using Simply Scored to follow the diagonal line with the Scoring Tool.
- Press in score lines, then reverse the fold inside.
- Cut the Honey Bee/Hive print from Golden Honey DSP (FREE SAB!) to 4 x 5-1/4, use the template to cut off the top left corner, then add to front.
- Wrap the Daffodil Delight Crinkled Ribbon around the 1 x 5-1/4 black/gold stripe from Golden Honey DSP and tie a knot, then add to the bottom of the DSP as shown.
- Stamp the bee hive from Honey Bee with Mango Melody Ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Detailed Bee Die. Add to corner as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut the Honey Comb from Detailed Bee Die from Mango Melody cardstock, adhere to a piece of Daffodil Delight, cut around the edges. Add a few of the inside honey comb pieces inside. Tuck under top side of hive with Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown.
- Cut large bee with Detailed Bee Die from Basic Black cardstock, cut small piece of Daffodil Delight to fit under the body. Add to beehive with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Stamp Hello on scrap Whisper White cardstock, cut with So Sweetly Stitched Die. Add to honey comb with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Cut honey comb DSP and Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5-1/4. Use template to cut bottom left of Honey comb DSP and top left of Whisper White pieces. You will need to trim off 1/2″ on left side of small triangle pieces to fit on card.
- Cut another honey comb piece with the Detailed Bee Die from Mango Melody, add to bottom pop-up.
- Stamp three small bees with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, color with Daffodil Delight Marker, cut with Detailed Bee Die. Add to background and honey comb.
- Stamp two bees with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White layer, color with Daffodil Delight Marker.
- Stamp Celebrate Every Moment from Honey Bee with Memento Black Ink on scrap Daffodil Delight cardstock, cut with So Sweetly Stitched Die, add inside.
Isn’t that a FUN pop-up card? LOTS of possibilities with this one! OK…next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous favor! See what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: FFQJYT32
Create some winter magic with Stampin' Up!'s MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE! The delicate sprigs, berries and foliage combined with fine-line greetings promote winter's subtle beauty. Add a birthday, anniversary or get well greeting instead for an extra special message to warm up the cold weather months. Our MAGICAL MEADOW CARD COLLECTION features the MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE with the WINTER MEADOW DESIGNER PAPER. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX cards in this Collection! See more details HERE!
Celebrating a holly, jolly Christmas or any festive occasion is SO easy using Stampin' Up!'s MERRY & BRIGHT STAMP SET & DIES! Mix and match the word block greetings and use the two different types of lights for bright and colorful fun and instant cheer on your paper projects. Our MERRY & BRIGHT COLLECTION features the MERRY & BRIGHT BUNDLE with the MERRY BOLD & BRIGHT DESIGNER PAPER to make quick cards or decorations for any type of party. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX projects...four card designs AND two gift card holder ideas! See more details HERE!
Winter trees to Christmas scenes, our MERRIEST TREES COLLECTION has you covered! With multiple sizes of trees, presents, ornaments and stars that double as snowflakes, you won't run out of creative options using this set! We featured the MERRIEST TREES STAMP SET AND DIES with the A WALK IN THE FOREST DESIGNER PAPER to share the love of Christmas and the entire winter season. There are step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special project to use yourself, sell at craft fairs, or give away as a gift during the holidays! See more details HERE!