Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is Technique Cards! I remember when I did technique cards ALL the time! I even ran a Technique Class every month for over six years! But, I stopped doing a lot of techniques on my cards. May have to jump back in!
This technique has always been one of my favorites. I don’t know if it has an official name, but I call it “Acrylic Block Watercolors” and it is SO quick and easy to change up with whatever colors you want to use! I also pulled out my new Positive Thoughts and Nature’s Thoughts Dies for this card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Soft Sea Foam cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock was embossed with the Parisian Flourish Embossing Folder.
- A 1 x 4 piece of Shaded Spruce was added across the front.
- Another 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock was used for the technique…I wanted an Ombre effect. The E sized Acrylic Block was colored along the bottom third with Garden Green Marker, the middle third with Granny Apple Green Marker and the top third with Soft Sea Foam Marker, scribbling directly on the block with the marker. It was spritzed with water, then stamped onto the Whisper White cardstock and let dry.
- The Whisper White was then cut with the Nature’s Thoughts embossed rectangle…can you see the dotted scallop it cuts? SO pretty!
- After dry, it was stamped with the large fern from Positive Thoughts stamp set using Shaded Spruce Ink, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Another technique used was “omit stamping”. I inked up just the word “Prayers” with the Basic Black Marker and stamped on a 1/2 x 1-1/2 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, then cut one end at an angle. It was added to the front.
- A trio of Holiday Rhinestones (still available to order!) in the dark green color were added in the background!
I really LOVE this card!!! You need to try this technique, ok? Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous technique card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: YCV2ZW6S
Stampin' Up!'s FROSTED GINGERBREAD BUNDLE is just the sweetest! The larger images can be used to make yummy iced gingerbread paper cookies or elegant ornaments and snowflakes! Use the dies to cut out images directly from the Designer Paper, too! We've used the FROSTED GINGERBREAD STAMP SET and GINGERBREAD DIES, along with the GINGERBREAD AND PEPPERMINTS DESIGNER PAPER for our next Collection featuring THREE card tutorials (one a special fold) and a great gift idea for the holidays! See more details here!
We are making the season wintry and festive with our new MERRY SNOWFLAKES COLLECTION! The Merry Snowflakes stamp set has beautiful snowflakes and greetings for the front and inside, plus the Stitched Snowflake Dies are full of embossing and stitching details! This Merry Snowflakes Collection is combined with the Gold & Rose Gold Metallic Specialty Paper to make your season sparkle! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a useful holiday project tutorial you can easily adapt for other occasions! See more details here!