Happy Saturday and Happy Halloween! This week our CCM Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Thinking of Christmas”! It seems that previously after Halloween in the States, the retailers thoughts turn to Christmas! And now they are getting even earlier! Our stores have had Christmas products in them for weeks already! Crazy! As demonstrators, we often are thinking about the next season or holiday even before the current one is over, too! So…here are some Christmas ideas for you this week!
Can you guess how I made the poinsettia two-toned for more dimension?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Old Olive cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock (I should have embossed this layer! lol!)
- A 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper was added on top towards the left side.
- One large, one medium, one small and two mini poinsettia petals were cut from Poppy Parade cardstock with the Poinsettia Dies. They were each sponged with the Frost Shimmer Paint, then layered together with Mini Glue Dots. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two large and two small leaves were cut with the Poinsettia Dies from Old Olive cardstock and Frost Shimmer Paint added to the edges. They were popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals under the poinsettia.
- Two sprigs were cut from Brushed Gold Metallic Paper and tucked over the leaves.
- A Beaded Pearl Jewel was added to the center.
- Merry Christmas was stamped on a 3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Whisper White cardstock. It was curled and tucked under the leaves on the front.
That Frost Shimmer Paint really makes this poinsettia sparkle and shine! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM