Happy Saturday and Happy Halloween! This week our CCM Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Thinking of Christmas”! It seems that previously after Halloween in the States, the retailers thoughts turn to Christmas! And now they are getting even earlier! Our stores have had Christmas products in them for weeks already! Crazy! As demonstrators, we often are thinking about the next season or holiday even before the current one is over, too! So…here are some Christmas ideas for you this week!
Can you guess how I made the poinsettia two-toned for more dimension?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Old Olive cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock (I should have embossed this layer! lol!)
- A 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper was added on top towards the left side.
- One large, one medium, one small and two mini poinsettia petals were cut from Poppy Parade cardstock with the Poinsettia Dies. They were each sponged with the Frost Shimmer Paint, then layered together with Mini Glue Dots. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two large and two small leaves were cut with the Poinsettia Dies from Old Olive cardstock and Frost Shimmer Paint added to the edges. They were popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals under the poinsettia.
- Two sprigs were cut from Brushed Gold Metallic Paper and tucked over the leaves.
- A Beaded Pearl Jewel was added to the center.
- Merry Christmas was stamped on a 3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Whisper White cardstock. It was curled and tucked under the leaves on the front.
That Frost Shimmer Paint really makes this poinsettia sparkle and shine! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream! And, of course, popsicles, too! For our latest Collection of tutorials, we are using the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set and Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch! You'll get SIX unique tutorials that include four cards (one a special fold), a treat box and a special 3D favor! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FLOWERING CACTUS PRODUCT MEDLEY is a GREAT value and everywhere you look, cacti are featured as part of home décor! We loved the whimsical cactus images and "punny" greetings in the stamp set, so just had to use it for our next Collection! The Flowering Cactus Product Medley kit comes with stamps, dies, designer paper, felt flowers, and two colors of linen thread, everything you need to make it EASY to create! You'll get FOUR unique tutorials that include three cards (one a special fold), and a fun organizing project! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: SW7NGG27