Happy Saturday and Happy Halloween! This week our CCM Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Thinking of Christmas”! It seems that previously after Halloween in the States, the retailers thoughts turn to Christmas! And now they are getting even earlier! Our stores have had Christmas products in them for weeks already! Crazy! As demonstrators, we often are thinking about the next season or holiday even before the current one is over, too! So…here are some Christmas ideas for you this week!
Can you guess how I made the poinsettia two-toned for more dimension?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Old Olive cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock (I should have embossed this layer! lol!)
- A 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper was added on top towards the left side.
- One large, one medium, one small and two mini poinsettia petals were cut from Poppy Parade cardstock with the Poinsettia Dies. They were each sponged with the Frost Shimmer Paint, then layered together with Mini Glue Dots. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two large and two small leaves were cut with the Poinsettia Dies from Old Olive cardstock and Frost Shimmer Paint added to the edges. They were popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals under the poinsettia.
- Two sprigs were cut from Brushed Gold Metallic Paper and tucked over the leaves.
- A Beaded Pearl Jewel was added to the center.
- Merry Christmas was stamped on a 3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Whisper White cardstock. It was curled and tucked under the leaves on the front.
That Frost Shimmer Paint really makes this poinsettia sparkle and shine! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV