Happy Saturday and Happy Halloween! This week our CCM Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Thinking of Christmas”! It seems that previously after Halloween in the States, the retailers thoughts turn to Christmas! And now they are getting even earlier! Our stores have had Christmas products in them for weeks already! Crazy! As demonstrators, we often are thinking about the next season or holiday even before the current one is over, too! So…here are some Christmas ideas for you this week!
Can you guess how I made the poinsettia two-toned for more dimension?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Old Olive cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock (I should have embossed this layer! lol!)
- A 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper was added on top towards the left side.
- One large, one medium, one small and two mini poinsettia petals were cut from Poppy Parade cardstock with the Poinsettia Dies. They were each sponged with the Frost Shimmer Paint, then layered together with Mini Glue Dots. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two large and two small leaves were cut with the Poinsettia Dies from Old Olive cardstock and Frost Shimmer Paint added to the edges. They were popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals under the poinsettia.
- Two sprigs were cut from Brushed Gold Metallic Paper and tucked over the leaves.
- A Beaded Pearl Jewel was added to the center.
- Merry Christmas was stamped on a 3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Whisper White cardstock. It was curled and tucked under the leaves on the front.
That Frost Shimmer Paint really makes this poinsettia sparkle and shine! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!