Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop! This week our CCMC theme is Vintage or Antique cards! Should be a FUN challenge! I don’t normally do that style, so it will be a stretch for me! I pulled out To a Wild Rose because the flower looks very vintage and old-fashioned to me, and combining it with Woven Threads Designer Paper was a perfect match for a vintage look!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Rococo Rose cardstock was stamped with the Birch Background stamp in Rococo Rose Ink. It was torn along the right side and adhered.
- A 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Woven Threads DSP was distressed along the edges and inked with Rococo Rose Ink and a sponge dauber. It was added towards the left side.
- A doily was cut in half and tucked under the top of the DSP.
- Under the 1/2 x 4 strip of coordinating Woven Threads DSP that was sponged along the edges, a length of 3/8 Scallop Lace Trim was added and tied in a bow.
- The flower was stamped off with Seaside Spray Ink on Whisper White, then stamped second full strength and outlined full-strength and cut with the Wild Rose Die. A duplicate was made, then the center cut out and layered over the first rose. The edges were crumpled for some dimension. A trio of large Pearls were added to the center and it was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two leaves were stamped with Soft Seafoam Ink, cut with the Wild Rose Dies and tucked under the flower.
- Hello was stamped on a 3/4 x 2 piece of Whisper White with Rococo Rose Ink and cut with a banner end. It was added under the flower, too.
I’m really happy with how this turned out! Continue on the “Vintage” blog hop…next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
The new Under My Umbrella Stamp Set and Punch Bundle in the Occasions Catalog is just perfect for LOTS of occasions...birthday, get well, encouragement, and showers, of course! AND...the upcoming Pleased As Punch Designer Paper in the Coordination Product Release is a perfect match! This Collection has THREE cards (one a easy fun fold!) and two versions of a 3D favor with STEP-BY-STEP PHOTO TUTORIALS using the Under My Umbrella Bundle that we know you will love! See all the details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s Peaceful Poppies Suite is SO striking with gorgeous flowers and coordinating bright designer paper and accessories. We've designed an EXCLUSIVE Collection featuring BOTH Peaceful Poppies Suite Bundles...AND also included a couple with "outside the box" colors! This Collection has FOUR cards and TWO small favors with STEP-BY-STEP PHOTO TUTORIALS. See all the details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: 93UAHGEP
FREE Sale-A-Bration product for every $50 purchase!