Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop! This week our CCMC theme is Vintage or Antique cards! Should be a FUN challenge! I don’t normally do that style, so it will be a stretch for me! I pulled out To a Wild Rose because the flower looks very vintage and old-fashioned to me, and combining it with Woven Threads Designer Paper was a perfect match for a vintage look!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Rococo Rose cardstock was stamped with the Birch Background stamp in Rococo Rose Ink. It was torn along the right side and adhered.
- A 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Woven Threads DSP was distressed along the edges and inked with Rococo Rose Ink and a sponge dauber. It was added towards the left side.
- A doily was cut in half and tucked under the top of the DSP.
- Under the 1/2 x 4 strip of coordinating Woven Threads DSP that was sponged along the edges, a length of 3/8 Scallop Lace Trim was added and tied in a bow.
- The flower was stamped off with Seaside Spray Ink on Whisper White, then stamped second full strength and outlined full-strength and cut with the Wild Rose Die. A duplicate was made, then the center cut out and layered over the first rose. The edges were crumpled for some dimension. A trio of large Pearls were added to the center and it was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two leaves were stamped with Soft Seafoam Ink, cut with the Wild Rose Dies and tucked under the flower.
- Hello was stamped on a 3/4 x 2 piece of Whisper White with Rococo Rose Ink and cut with a banner end. It was added under the flower, too.
I’m really happy with how this turned out! Continue on the “Vintage” blog hop…next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Use HOST CODE: GWQPRERQ
Welcome Easter and Spring with Stampin' Up!'s EXCELLENT EGGS BUNDLE featuring a sweet bunny and different sized Easter eggs all ready for you to decorate! You won't get messy with this variety of EXCELLENT EGGS DIES to cut and color your eggs! There are additional die pieces to provide curves, zig zags and scallop accents, along with spring-time sentiments! We've combined the EXCELLENT EGGS BUNDLE with the soft pastel colors in the LIGHTER THAN AIR 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER! Our new Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO small table favor ideas for any spring occasion! See more details HERE!
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 1st as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!