Woohoo! It’s time for the Grand Vacation Achievers Blog Hop where you get inspiration from ALL around the WORLD! These gals have some MAJOR talent, so hop on and take the tour! I’m honored to be among them! Our theme this month is Remember to Give Thanks! Well, Stampin’ Up! certainly has a LOT of thank you greetings in the main catalog! However, I chose to use one of my brand new sets, Lighthearted Leaves, for mine. It has a beautiful Thanksgiving greeting in it. And…since we are now into the fall season in the United States, it is appropriate, don’t you think?
I took my inspiration from my bedspread…of all things! I knew that sometime this fall I wanted to make a card using leaves and these colors…they are SO calming. My walls are Pool Party with one accent wall done in Chocolate Chip.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Chocolate Chip is embossed with the Woodlands folder. At the bottom is a 1-1/4 x 4 strip of Whisper White stamped with the greeting in Chocolate Chip ink.
- Gold Cording is wrapped around three times and hides the seam, then the Chocolate Chip layer is added to the base card.
- The Lighthearted Leaves images were stamped with Chocolate Chip Ink on Pool Party, Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe, then cut with the Leaflets Framelits. They are added to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A little more Gold Cording is tied in a bow and added to the stem of the smaller leaf.
I debated back and forth on whether to color the leaves a little more…then decided to let them be very clean and simple…like the inspiration bedspread!
OK…below is a list of everyone participating in the Stampin’ Up! Grand Achievers Blog Hop. Find my name, Connie Babbert, then click on the next person in line…continue on around until you have finished or come back here! Enjoy!