Did you know that after Christmas, people spend the most amount of money on Halloween decorations, costumes and candy? Unbelievable! I’ve had a love affair with Halloween for years! Although I love making Halloween cards, I can’t say that I send many out. But I DO love to decorate for Halloween. I mix it in with my Fall decorations! And I also love to do little favors for Halloween!
One of my good stamping friends just moved several states away. She shares my love of Halloween, so I made up this little frame for her. Hope every time she looks at it she thinks of me!
It really was quite easy to do…the Motley Monsters Designer Paper did most of the work. I think I need to make one of these for myself cause it did turn out CUTE!
- I cut out the section that I wanted to feature in the frame (LOVE that witch!), then adhered it to a layer of Gold Glimmer Paper, then backed it on a layer of Basic Black. My frame is a small white shadowbox about 6 x 8 in size.
- To that, I added the saying “Witches Night Out” from Tee-Hee-Hee stamp set with Tuxedo Black on Pumpkin Pie cardstock, then punched with the Large Oval Punch, layered on Gold Glimmer Scallop Oval Punch and finally on the Basic Black Decorative Label Punch. I placed it in the frame.
- Next I tied the Pumpkin Pie Chevron Ribbon around the outside of the frame with a bow. I added the EEK!, again from Tee-Hee-Hee stamp set, punched with the Word Window Punch and added to the bow with Linen Thread.
Next up is a card that I did using the stamp set, Freaky Friends. I paired it up with the Confetti Celebrations Designer Paper…I like how bright the patterns are in this package!
Here are a few details:
- I colored the greeting from Mingle All The Way with my Blendabilities over White Embossing.
- The monsters were stamped with Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Tuxedo Black Memento. Frankenstein was colored with the Old Olive Blendabilities Marker.
- The background Rich Razzleberry was embossed with Delicate Dots Folder.
- I punched the banners from Confetti Celebrations DSP and adhered across the top, adding Rhinestones colored with the Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities Marker between them.
Isn’t that a fun lineup of monsters??? It turned out pretty cute and I love how the greeting turned out! Continue on to Debbie Henderson’s blog...you KNOW she will have FANTASTIC ideas for Halloween!