I have to admit…Snow Place (and the coordinating Snow Friends Framelits) was the VERY FIRST stamp bundle on my order. I use either snowmen or snowflakes on my Christmas Cards every year and this set is just TOO cute! I even told Mary that I had “dibs” on using it for my Create with Connie and Mary project (coming in November!)
And speaking of Create with Connie and Mary…we are now taking signups for the OCTOBER Mini Session! It is filled with fun Fall and Christmas projects and card ideas that you won’t want to miss! Here is a little sneak peek and a list of the stamp sets we used this month! You get 5 project tutorials PLUS a Bonus Card Set…all for only $8.95 US!
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- Vintage Leaves
- Your Presents
- Happy Scenes
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season
Sign up today over on Create with Connie and Mary!
But getting back to my card! This is the card I did for my Control Freaks Christmas Card Swap last month! And, believe it or not, I didn’t use the snowman image because the penguin is just as cute!
The details for recreating this card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Real Red, folded in half.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White is embossed with Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- A 1/2 x 5 strip of Merry Moments Designer Paper was place across the front.
- A 3-1/2 x 3 piece of Smoky Slate cardstock was cut at an angle along the bottom and some Whisper White added for the iceberg.
- The Penguin was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Crushed Curry marker on the beak and feet, then cut with the Snow Friends Framelits. The tie was stamped with Real Red and cut with the Framelits, too.
- The Candy Cane was stamped with Real Red and used as the sign post.
- Time to Chill was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Real Red and punched with the Washi Tape Punch, then added to the sign post with a Mini Brad.
Isn’t that a FUN card? I really loved how it turned out! Hope my fellow Control Freak Swappers enjoyed it, too!