Mary and I have been working on Star of Light Christmas Cards as a holiday special for our August Mini Session subscribers! But, while playing with the set, I noticed that this image looks like the pattern on a hand-made quilt that my husband’s grandmother made us for a wedding gift and wondered if it would work! I think it did! What do you think? Look like a quilt?
I went with Daffodil Delight and Smoky Slate for my quilt pattern. I love those colors for a bedroom…so fresh and clean looking! Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight, folded in half.
- Across the front is a 1-1/2 x 5-1/2 strip of Neutrals Designer Paper Pack in the Smoky Slate color.
- A 1/4 x 5-1/2 strip of Gold Glimmer paper adds a little shimmer…I thought the Silver Glimmer looked lost on it.
- On the 3-1/2 x 3-3/4 rectangle of Whisper White, the star image was stamped with Daffodil Delight and Smoky Slate Inks. TIP: Measure and put a pencil mark at the half way point on each side, then line up the tips of the stars with them and each other.
- Layer onto a 3-5/8 x 3-7/8 piece of Smoky Slate cardstock. Add to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the Shine greeting from Star of Light stamp set with Memento Black Ink.
Isn’t that fun? I love when I can use a stamp set for a purpose other than the intended use. Now I can use this set for any occasion throughout the year!
Are you ready? Have you subscribed yet? We’re getting ready to start TOMORROW, August 11th! The Create with Connie and Mary August 2016 MINI SESSION is only $8.95 US and we’re using products and stamp sets from the Annual Catalog…aren’t you loving the new stuff?
Plus…as a HOLIDAY SPECIAL, get a set of 4 Christmas card ideas using Star of Light from the new Holiday Catalog to get a start on your Christmas card ideas!
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
Get the details and sign up over at Create with Connie and Mary!