The theme this time over on SUO Challenges is Bows, Bows, Bows! Well, you KNOW I love ribbon…so this theme isn’t a hardship for me! I have also been wanting to try something with my Blendabilities and this was perfect timing! I wanted to know if the Blendabilities would make stripes on ribbon…I found out that they will without bleeding! WOOHOO! My experiment worked! I was inspired by something I had seen done with Copics in the past!
I really let the ribbon be the star of this card and kept everything else to a minimum. Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Crumb Cake, I stamped the leaves image from Garden Party with White Craft Ink above and below where I would be placing the ribbon. Then I rounded the corners with the Corner Rounder Punch.
- On the White Organdy Striped Ribbon, I used a clear ruler and the Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities to draw lines across the center of the ribbon.
- I placed a long strip of decorated ribbon, cut with flag ends, across the front of the cardstock. Then I made two loops of the remaining ribbon and secured with adhesive.
- I punched a 1 3/8″ Circle of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and used Stampin’ Dimensionals to secure it over the ribbon.
- I stamped the images in Garden Party with Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie on Whisper White and cut out the larger image, and punched the center with the 1/2″ Circle Punch.
- I colored the Rhinestone with Daffodil Delight Blendabilities marker and placed in the center.
- Finally, I stamped Hooray for You from Garden Party with Soft Suede Ink on the Crumb Cake layer.
Amazing, huh? You can customize your ribbon however you want easily with the Blendabilities markers! Make sure to check out the rest of the Bows over on SUO Challenges! Then grab your stamps and play along…can’t wait to see what you do!