It’s time for a new challenge over on SUO Challenges! This time we are featuring Embellishments (Page 208-209 in the Catalog and those in the Holiday Catalog) on our cards! I knew right away I wanted to make a button snowman. I also just had gotten my Little Letter Framelit Dies in my last order and so I spelled out SNOW. Perfect timing!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Soft Sky Cardstock, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Lost Lagoon, I rounded the top with the Corner Rounder Punch.
- Along the bottom, I added a 2 1/2 x 5 1/4 layer of the snowflake pattern in All Is Calm Designer Paper. On top of that I added a 1 x 5 1/4 piece of the Stripe pattern in the same package.
- I wrapped the length of Lost Lagoon Silky Taffeta Ribbon around to the back and adhered in place to hide the seam at the top.
- To hide the bottom seam, I cut a 1/8 x 5 1/4 piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and adhered it.
- The Little Letters Framelits cut the SNOW letters from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and I lined up along the top of the DSP.
- I stamped the tag image in Cheerful Tags with Soft Sky Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Note Tag Punch.
- I punched a narrow strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper with the bottom of the Note Tag Punch and curved the top of the snowbank.
- I used two white buttons from the Neutral Pack. The larger one placed on the bottom with Mini Glue Dots, the top one I punched a 1/4″ Basic Black circle and adhered it behind the holes for the “eyes”, then placed on top of the larger one.
- I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine and laid it between the two buttons, then tied a knot on the right side for the scarf.
- I hand cut the brim and top portion of the hat from Basic Black and added a hat band of Cherry Cobbler.
- I placed the tag on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Isn’t my snowman CUTE??? I love how he turned out! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did this time over on SUO Challenges! Then come play along…if you are like me, you have a stockpile of embellishments!