It’s time for another challenge over on SUO Challenges…the theme this time is Fall Colors! A little early in central Ohio for fall colors, but I’ve heard of some leaves are already changing in northern Ohio! Won’t be too long!
I love bittersweet and have been looking for an affordable bittersweet wreath for several years. I keep saying that I’ll make one! lol! But, I thought the one berry image in Wondrous Wreath would make a good bittersweet wreath if I stamped it several times…what do you think?
I looked and looked for designer paper in my stash that had orange and purple (maybe a little more Halloween than Fall?), so decided to use my Blendabilities and make my own! This was one of the techniques I taught in my Blendabilities class last week and it was a hit! Here are the rest of the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Pumpkin Pie cardstock folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, I used the berry image in Wondrous Wreath stamp set and stamped it several times with Pumpkin Pie ink towards the top.
- I stamped the bow with Rich Razzleberry and cut it with the matching Wonderful Wreath Framelits. I colored a Rhinestone Jewel with Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities and added it to the knot of the bow and then added it to the front of the wreath with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I cut a 1 1/2 x 4 piece of Back to Black Designer Paper and colored it with the Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities, then added it to the bottom of the Whisper White panel.
- To hide the seam of the DSP, I added the 1/4″ Pumpkin Pie Cotton Ribbon and adhered in the back, then added the Whisper White to the front of the card.
Tip: Want to step-it-up? Cut out the bittersweet wreath with the matching Wonderful Wreath Framelits and pop it up on the front of the card. Add a couple more colored Rhinestones around the wreath!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team did this week over on SUO Challenges!