The theme this week over on SUO Challenges is Tag You’re It! This can be a stand-alone tag idea, or a tag on a card like I used for mine! I had several ideas, but here is the one I ended up doing. I’ve had the idea of just making a snowman head on a tag for a long time…this is how it turned out!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Smoky Slate, folded in half.
- On top is a layer of 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White with the Confetti Stars Punch used across the top.
- I cut a 3 1/2 x 4 layer of Santa & Co. Designer Paper, added it to the Whisper White, then hid the seam with Hello Honey Ribbon wrapped around to the back to secure.
- The tag is 2 x 5 Island Indigo, punched with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch. I used the snowflurries from White Christmas across the top with White Craft Ink and stamped the greeting from Wondrous Wreath with Tuxedo Black Ink over top.
- The snowman head is a 2 1/2″ Circle of Whisper White, cut to the tag size. The nose is the Tree Punch from Pumpkin Pie cardstock, the eyes are the Owl Punch and the mouth from the Cupcake Punch using Basic Black cardstock. I used a White Gel Pen to highlight the eyes.
- The tag is topped with more Hello Honey Ribbon, tied with White Bakers Twine.
- Finally, I added a star punched from Gold Glimmer Paper and popped up with a Stampin’ Dimenional.
Very fun and Whimsical, I think! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges…some great ideas for using tags! Then grab your stamps and play along!