This is my SECOND post today! Make sure to check out my Day 3 PREVIEW card here!
The theme this week on SUO Challenges is Dots, Dots, Dots…anything using Dots as a focus! Well, there are TONS of dots in the Stampin’ Up! catalogs! Your choice of Designer Papers, Embossing Folders, Large or Small Dots, Stencils, Stamps…the list goes on! I did a card using a technique that I’ve been wanting to try for a while…pretty simple, but I think it turned out FUN!
I think I’m a little obsessed with this Petal Potpourri stamp set right now from the Occasions Catalog. I’ve used it on several recent cards and projects. But, of course, it is a floral set and I do tend to get obsessed with them! I love that it has a matching punch! The background was done by embossing the White layer with the Large Polka Dots Folder, then adding 3/4″ punched circles of Neutral Backgrounds Designer Paper Stack! It’s hard to see, but the DSP is adhered on the raised dots! VERY cool look in real life! Only tip…make sure your embossing is straight and centered! lol! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Sahara Sand, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White is embossed with the Large Polka Dots Embossing Folder.
- I punched many 3/4″ circles from the Basic Black polka dots pattern in the Neutrals Backgrounds DSP Stack and adhered them over the embossed circles.
- I cut a 2 x 4 piece of Sahara Sand and stamped Happy Birthday with Tuxedo Black Ink at the bottom from the Big Day Stamp Set…one of the FREE Sale-a-bration sets! Then I cut the flag end.
- I added 1 1/2 x 1 piece of Hello Honey cardstock under the pennant, cutting the flag end the same.
- The Petal Potpourri flower image was stamped with Hello Honey on Whisper White, then punched with the Flower Medallion Punch and added to the banner with a Stampin’ Dimensional. I punched another 3/4″ Circle of Black Polka Dots for the center and popped it up with a Dimensional, too.
- Finally, I colored the Rhinestone with Daffodil Delight Blendabilities (darkest color) and added it to the center circle.
Even my husband commented how striking it was! I always love yellow and black together! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges!